cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Multiple Local Change Requests as Transportable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We in the process of upgrading our SAP systems and during the course a project landscape has been setup. Recently DEV system has been stand up and unfortunately transport routes or layers were not defined. The Dev system had Single system configuration for transports and in a span of 3 days developers created more than 50 transports.

As there were no systems defined in the transport route  all of these transports got created as local change requests, Now we have a situation to change all these local change requests to transportable. I tried creating virtual systems QA and PRD and defined transport routes and layers but SAP did not change these requests target system. These requests are still sitting as local change requests, is there a easier mechanism to change the target of these 50 requests to QA rather asking the developers to change them manually ?

Appreciate your responses. Thanks in advance!

Regards

Sudhir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Unless there is a transportable transport layer assigned to the development class the requests will be shown as local requests.

Read this SAP note

Note 28967 - Developments are entered in local requests

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks RB, We got the developers changed target system manually for all the Transports.

Regards,

Sai

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If those 50 transports have been released, you can create transport of copies OR include them in a new transport request with transport target as QA.

If transports are not released yet, you can try simply changing transport target as virtual QA system.

best regards

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashish and Rishi.

Rishi  - I already knew this option but was looking for an easier mechanism to convert these 50 TR's to transportable.

Ashish -

Those Local Change requests have not yet been released,  I was keen not to even change the TR numbers by creating transport of copies or adding them into new requests. Was looking for options if there is a way that we can get the corrections done to the existing requests. Also, avoid any manual actions to change the target systems.

To the extent I am aware, as you configure your 3 - System landscape the per transport routes & layers  defined STMS will adjust TR's to target system  per the layers and routes and for some reasons it is not happening in my case. I tried delete/re-configure STMS but these TR's looks to be untouched and their status remain as Local Change requests.

Regards,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you have configured the routes now follow the below steps.

1) Create a new workbench request using SE10. as mentioned below

2) SE10 -> create -> workbench request ->

3) Give the description and target system SID.

4) Select the request and click on include object ( ctrl + F11)  check object list from request and enter you local transport request number. -> enter

5) Release the new request and import it in target system.

Just take the help of the developers to know the correct sequence while importing in the target system.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol