cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC V10 request link issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have strange issue in GRC system. ( SP08 )

Access request is assigned to 2 role approvers R1 and R2. Email notification has link to request (with %LINK_WORKITEM% variable). Now when R1 clicks on link, IE08 shows request with submit button.

But R2 clicks on link, IE08 does not show SUBMIT button. This is an issue.

But then if R2 access request via NWBC tcode  - My Home – Work Inbox, he can see the Submit button.

This issue is very hard to reproduce as sometime same role approver able to see SUBMIT button for one request , and for other request there is no SUBMIT button.

As per SAP recommendation, we have already applied SNOTES 1706426, 1858555 and 1891876

Please suggest any solution on this.

Thanks

Kailash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Kailash:

Are these items being approved in the SAME STAGE or DIFFERENT STAGES?  My first thought is that the stage where the approver cannot see the Submit button does not have the Approve by Email and Reject by Email settings active in the stage.

Hope this helps.

Kevin Tucholke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply.

It's on same stage and Approve/Reject by email setting is active for this stage.

I figured it out the issue is between New work item and Email reminder Item, Both email template uses same variable (LINK_APPROVE_REJECT - Link to Approve/Reject by Email) and provides same link to approver. (with different date stamp I guess)

New work Item Link via LINK_APPROVE_REJECT variable

http://prdxxxxxx.com:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/grac_oif_request_approval?GRFN_MW_INSTANCE_ID=0050569...20131022230434.6889830%20&APP_BY_MAIL=X

Reminder email link via LINK_APPROVE_REJECT variable

http://prdxxxxxx.com:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/grac_oif_request_approval?GRFN_MW_INSTANCE_ID=0050569...20131027212256.3729620%20&APP_BY_MAIL=X

But approver can approve via new work item and can not see submit button via email reminder link.

Still confused... opened OSS message with SAP.

Please suggest if anybody resolved such issue

Thanks

Kailash

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP wants us to apply Snote 1759461 - UAM: Submit button is missing in email reminder link

Hope this helps. Will keep you updated...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same issue as you. I do not get Submit button for reminder email but for the regular access request I can have the submit button. For the regular submit button, we configure the notification events at the 'Maintain Paths'. But there is no event for reminder email that we can add for the 'Maintain Paths'.

Please let me know if you have the answer. I would really appreciate it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i applied the note and it worked. One thing to note is that there is a list of notes to apply prior to 1759461. There is one enhancement which is in the list of notes and it seems to be a requirement to be applied before the whole solution is complete. I am going to double check by testing again and see if everything is what I expected,.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya, looks like this will fix the issue, We will move this Snote early next week, will keep you posted!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This worked well.

Solution is to apply Snote 1759461 - UAM: Submit button is missing in email reminder link

Answers (0)