Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass role assignment to multiple users at one shot??

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can we assign multiple security roles(Not common) to more than 100+ users at a time in Dev environment? We have this requirement as Business want to reduce the no of clients for a Dev system and hence requested Security to assign roles to users.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically all you need is an upload format for complex combinations of user to role assignments (and avoid lock - which external non-ABAP tools cannot easily do as within ABAP). We developed this ourselves also with CUA compatibility in like 2 minutes and any banana can operate it even if he has never seen SAP before or got a face rash when he saw PFCG for the first time....  😉

I am thinking about making it a supported freeware tool for the SCN community as a Christmas present. Will keep you posted.

There are also 2 other "freeware" tools from previous Christmas's incase you missed them.

Until then: BAPI_USER_ACT* -> F4. Very simple.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do it by using SAP standard tools like CATT(SECATT) script or LSMW or Batch Input Recording(SHDB). If you are not familiar with these tools take help from ABAP consultant.

Best Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Addanki,

Until we get the further updates from Julius on his implemented tool to do so, you can meet the requirements with the help of SECATT and LSMW.

LSMW is very much explanatory in itself for each of the involved steps.

SECATT is a bit complex, but once you build and record the script: it is just one click away to do any activities in mass execution.

BR,

Ameet Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Addanki

you can use BAPI as mentioned above by some of the users or you can create a secatt script.

I have created a Secatt. Make sure you use the transaction su10 in Secatt.

It is not that difficult to create one.

let me know if you need help in developing secatt script development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As the others have said it's very simple to automate.

At it's most basic (and I personally fastest to setup) you can use SECATT and SU10 (each line is an append to a user).

When I've had tools developed it's a simple exercise as there is already a good provisioning framework and it's up to you how you want to build in your logic for validation, setting start/end dates, locks etc.