Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email updates going to some other distribution list

former_member209728
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SCN Support,

I am having a very peculiar problem for the past few days. My email notifications are going to a email distribution list with which i have no association and i never registered it. So whenever i get some reply/update to any thread in i have participated, the notification email is sent to my personal email id along with that distribution list. I am getting complaints from the other team for creating unnecessary spam.

Request your help in rectifying this issue.

My profile id is p965546

Thanks,

Kush Kashyap

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Only your e-mail address is associated with your account (gmail). Perhaps you have inadvertently setup a rule in gmail that forwards the messages to the DL? Or have setup another account on SCN using the DL's address?

former_member209728
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I know my account is set-up only with my gmail user id and i don't have any rule that forwards my emails to that DL. Also i was not even aware of this DL's existence before i started getting complaints. I have now suspended all of my notifications.

Can it be the case that people from this DL must have clicked on some link accidently which has subscribed them to my replies or posts ? Is such a facility available on SCN which makes somebody to receive everything the other member posts ?

Thanks,

Kush

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Does the DL have an e-mail address that someone may have used to register an SCN accounts? I'm still a bit puzzled by why you believe this issue is related to SCN (i.e. members of a DL receiving notifications from SCN through that DL).

About notifications, members can follow content, spaces and/or people on SCN. So if you followed me, for example, you would receive a notification in your activity stream for everything I do. And you you selected to receive e-mail notifications for all activities, you would get an e-mail notification for all activities. The same for tracking content, spaces and/or people: this pushes everything into communications, again something which you can select to get e-mail notifications ones.  Lastly, there's also forcing the receipt of e-mail notifications from content, spaces and/or people that is independent of all other options.

former_member209728
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I agree with you. Instead of having an issue with my account or SCN in general, the DL i am talking about must have started to follow me accidently without anyone knowing about it and now they are flooded with the information.

I appreciate your help in this matter and i will follow up with the other team.

Thanks,

Kush

Answers (0)