Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Email updates going to some other distribution list

Hi SCN Support,

I am having a very peculiar problem for the past few days. My email notifications are going to a email distribution list with which i have no association and i never registered it. So whenever i get some reply/update to any thread in i have participated, the notification email is sent to my personal email id along with that distribution list. I am getting complaints from the other team for creating unnecessary spam.

Request your help in rectifying this issue.

My profile id is p965546

Thanks,

Kush Kashyap

Former Member
replied

Does the DL have an e-mail address that someone may have used to register an SCN accounts? I'm still a bit puzzled by why you believe this issue is related to SCN (i.e. members of a DL receiving notifications from SCN through that DL).

About notifications, members can follow content, spaces and/or people on SCN. So if you followed me, for example, you would receive a notification in your activity stream for everything I do. And you you selected to receive e-mail notifications for all activities, you would get an e-mail notification for all activities. The same for tracking content, spaces and/or people: this pushes everything into communications, again something which you can select to get e-mail notifications ones.  Lastly, there's also forcing the receipt of e-mail notifications from content, spaces and/or people that is independent of all other options.

Everything I know about... Managing SCN eMail Notifications

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question