Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Email updates going to some other distribution list

Hi SCN Support,

I am having a very peculiar problem for the past few days. My email notifications are going to a email distribution list with which i have no association and i never registered it. So whenever i get some reply/update to any thread in i have participated, the notification email is sent to my personal email id along with that distribution list. I am getting complaints from the other team for creating unnecessary spam.

Request your help in rectifying this issue.

My profile id is p965546

Kush Kashyap

Does the DL have an e-mail address that someone may have used to register an SCN accounts? I'm still a bit puzzled by why you believe this issue is related to SCN (i.e. members of a DL receiving notifications from SCN through that DL).

About notifications, members can follow content, spaces and/or people on SCN. So if you followed me, for example, you would receive a notification in your activity stream for everything I do. And you you selected to receive e-mail notifications for all activities, you would get an e-mail notification for all activities. The same for tracking content, spaces and/or people: this pushes everything into communications, again something which you can select to get e-mail notifications ones.  Lastly, there's also forcing the receipt of e-mail notifications from content, spaces and/or people that is independent of all other options.

Everything I know about... Managing SCN eMail Notifications

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question