cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR Cache Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am receiving a few errors regarding my Crystal Reports Cache Server. These are all from the Event Viewer.

--Crystal Server 2011

--Win Serv 2008 R2

-- Default Settings for Cache Server

Event ID 35208 Timeout (RCIRAS0244)

Cache folder C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\Data\\CrystalReportsCachingServer\temp\xxxxx.CrystalReportsCacheServer\parent\cache does not exist.

Cannot write to cache folder C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\Data\\CrystalReportsCachingServer\temp\xxxxx.CrystalReportsCacheServer\parent\cache. This indicates a high request volume for the configured size of the cache. This problem can be solved by increasing the size of the cache.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

This install is almost all View On Demand Crystal Reports....

I have set the Cache size from 256000 TO 400000

Is there really any impact on going that big or bigger?

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cache folder C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\Data\\CrystalReportsCachingServer\temp\xxxxx.CrystalReportsCacheServer\parent\cache does not exist. 

CR Cache server creates cache directory on first run. It'll clear it periodically. Depending on the situation, this might be valid and normal message.

Cannot write to cache folder C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\Data\\CrystalReportsCachingServer\temp\xxxxx.CrystalReportsCacheServer\parent\cache. This indicates a high request volume for the configured size of the cache. This problem can be solved by increasing the size of the cache.

The solution is explained in the message. Adjust cache settings in CMC>Servers>properties of the CR cache server.