Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Template Conditional Output Error

former_member553
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to create a report template.

In my property tree I have created a New Value assignment as Density (As class ) and Value( As Characteristic wherein i can in put numeric values)

Step : 2 : I have created a report symbol for that.

Step : 3 : I added the report symbol on the template and checked whether it is fetching me the data or not I was good in fetching the data.

Step : 4 : Now I want to add a condition to my characteristic value like if my value in the property tree is greater than or equal to the comparison value out put the data.

I have added condition successfully but it is not fetching the data but if i remove the condition i am getting the output.

Below is the syntax which I have given on the template.

<15BIF014(OR:01G1013005VA GE 20)>

<11BRG015(M,SAP_EHS_1013_005;*)>

<01G1013005VA(;*/TL)[D:Value]>

<11ERG015>

<15EIF014>

Please help me in getting the output.

Regards

Dheeraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Dheeraj,

I am able to get the output.

The solution:

The standard characteristic SAP_EHS_1013_005_VALUE has an option "Interval values allowed" which means it contains a range not permitted in the WWI report output and leads to error.

STEP1:

To do this, I created a new characteristic D value  with NO INTERVAL VALUES assigned to the standard class Density SAP_EHS_1013_005 .

STEP 2:

In IMG activity, Setup Table based value assignment,  under setup  value for table assignments, enter the VAT ZSAP_EHS_1013_005 VALUE  with Real Sub as spec type and save.

Step3:

Did execute CGCZ to match up assignments and create symbols.

Also maintain the value in Spfn under value assignment type: DValue as 20g/cm3

Step4:

In the template, first maintained the rep group and the value. Around this , maintain the condition.

such as value>1 using CONDITION OUTPUT.

Check and Save it.

Please find the pics shown.

Hope this resolves your query

Regards

Dhinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..!

Wonderful explanation...!

When i tried i too got the error because of "interval values".

Error Message:

Symbol 01G1013005VA : Characteristic SAP_EHS_1013_005_VALUE allows interval values.

Since this issue was not mentioned in the discussion question, i thought the pbm is something else.

When u analyse the error message, you will get to know that, WWI will abort report generation when it encounters interval values in conditional output.

@Dheeraj Kakumanu : Have you got the same error in CG42 preview..?

Regards

Subash Sankar

former_member553
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Subash,

I followed the procedure given by Dinesh. I am not sure where I am going wrong but still I am not getting the output

Regards

Dheeraj

former_member553
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

What ever you have suggested I tried the same but still I am not getting the out put. I was able to get the out put with out my condition  I mean if I remove the condition it is giving the output but if i use condition is not giving me the out put.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj !

You are checking the template (preview) in CG42, right..? When you "check template", do you get any errors or warnings ?

You mentioned that you have created new value assignment. In that case, What Dinesh has suggested is the solution.

If you are getting the issue when you generate the report, can you post the log from generation server.(execute CGSADM. Then view the log.)

Also can you tell how do you maintained the values for that specification ?

Regards

Subash Sankar

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all

checking conditions in WWI might not be an "optimal" solution. Referring tro explanations of Dinesh:

the charecteristics whcih are "worst" are heavin intervalls etc. allowed.

But what is the reason to check for value? That means the business reason? A may be better option is to to use CG02 and fuinctionaliyt within to "hinder" intervalls (or at least present message; please don't allow intervalls).

It is not a good idea to use such logic in WWI. It is clearly posible and "easy" to use but data changes (using CG02) and it is nearly not really possible to expian why value "x" come up if you find now "Y" in data absed without understandiung the "wquite complex" WWI logic.

To make it short. using conditional output is one of thse topics whcih you should document very very well or your support might never have the chance to handle user quesstions

C.B.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all

only small add on:

SAP help regarding WWI conditional output is stating:

"The comparison of ranges is not possible, meaning the symbol and comparison value must not contain a range."

May be someone could check what happens if no range is maintained. That means: characteristic is allowing a range (e.g. density = 1 - 1.1) but maintained is only e.g. "1.0". Could be may be of interest if it would be possible to use "conditional output" unb this case

C.B.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Just a try.. change the operator to "AND" and try....Also you have maintained "Density" as "Values", right..?

Regards

Subash Sankar

former_member553
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Subash,

I tried both the operators but still didnt get the output.

Regards

Dheeraj