Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi experts, I want know about RFC Adpter

former_member561528
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I Developed RFC(sender side) to FILE Scenario. i don't know how to trigger the RFC.

can i trigger from RWB.  I mean same like file adapter.

go to  RWB----> select ADAPTER ENGINE----->Select Component Monitoring---->

select communication channel----->there select RFC_SENDER_CC(example: sender side rfc communication channel)

then START

is it correct  process?

2) there i can get message id?

3) can i see the errors in RWB about RFC adapter?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Channel monitoring is used for stopping,starting and monitoring the communication channels.

if file is present in the directory and starting the file cc (which is stopped) will make the cc to pick the file from directory. then you see the message in pi. this does not mean you can trigger message from channel monitoring.

triggering will happen from the source side. you have to ask the source system to send the message. in your case for RFC you have to trigger from ECC. like running report.

2) there i can get message id?

yes.

3) can i see the errors in RWB about RFC adapter?

yes.

check this for RFC scenario : http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/RFC2JDBC/Index.htm

Regards,

Muniyappan.

former_member561528
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

Thank u friends. You people are cleared my confusion.Actually i am new to this technology.

Thanks and Regards,

G.BhanuPrakash.

former_member561528
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have doubt,

1)  I have two  sources A, B an  One target C  . same file SERVER

A source      B SOURCE                       Target

E NAME      E NAME                          E NAME

ENO            ENO                                 ENO

ADDRESS   ADDRESS                        ADDRESS

i don't know how to  do mapping  in this case.

PLEASE tell me MESSAGE mapping  and tell me RECEIVER DETERMINATION. if possible give  me screenshot.

I have two source files

Source1 and source2  from different sorce systems( for example source1 coming from X fileserver, Source2 coming from Y fileserver)

Source1                                       Target

EName

EName                                     ENo

ENo                                         Address

Source2                                    

ENo

Address

1) can we do without BPM?

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

For new queries, please create a new thread... it helps other forum members in their search.

However you can refer to http://scn.sap.com/message/14353170 on how to merge 2 files without a BPM. If you are on PI 7.1 or above, you can read one file and another file as attachment, read it and merge it in mapping.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/03/22/n1-nm-mappings-not-possible-witho...

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

The RFC has to be triggered from source system (ECC). This is normally done by functional configuration. Which RFC scenario have you configured.

Ambrish