cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock reservations for Sales Order item

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a simple requirement to reserve stock from a Sales Order entry.

The Issue here is that the requirement should reserve the stock automatically from the sales order and not have to manually go and do MB1B with a 412E.

Surely SAP provides a configuration settings where you can place a sales order and it reserves stock (like doing a manual 412E) at Order creation??

Please note configurations settings in OVZ9 such as 'tick' Incl Sales Requirements do not reserve the stock in the MMBE column 'Reserved'.

I cannot believe there is not a simple config SAP standard solution for this bit as of yet am struggling to fnd one

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please note configurations settings in OVZ9 such as 'tick' Incl Sales Requirements do not reserve the stock in the MMBE column 'Reserved'.

I cannot believe there is not a simple config SAP standard solution for this bit as of yet am struggling to fnd one

Reserved stock in MMBE doesn't come from sale order reserved stock. You are right that reserved stock through availability check and schedule line settings never comes in MMBE. Your requirement is to reserve stock against sale order only or to show in MMBE too? If it is for only reserve against sale order then OVZ9 settings are enough. If you want to show in MMBE then no way in standard to show stock in reserved stock.

If you can create delivery without doing PGI then it will be displayed in Schedule for delivery in MMBE and will be reserved against that delivery.

Please go through the following links.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/a5/63312643a211d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2068072

Hope you understand.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for this Moazza as I really wanted to make sure that I was correct in my assessment.

I think i will try to see if your workaround using PGI for delivery may work for the business.

However, I believe they will want it to reserve stock like you were performing a manual reserveation through a 412E MVT.

Thanks again

Answers (0)