Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in getting data in SNP Planning Area Data Source

rahul_kharya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Problem Statement: To fetch data from SNP Planning Area for reporting in SAP BW.

Approach: Followed the standard SAP Help Document. Link:http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm40/helpdata/en/e0/9088392b385f6be10000000a11402f/content.htm

First Step: To create a DataSource on the Planning Area (Z9ASNP02) and Aggregate(9AMALO).

For that

Go to SAP Easy Access>Click on /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN/ you are on S&DP Administration>Select the planning Area Z9ASNP02 double click on it

You are on Change Planning Area Screen>Go to Extras left click>DP/SNP Data Extraction Tool-->Click on Generate Data Source, Provide the

Data Source Name & Select the Aggregate 9AMALO and click on continue. Data Source is generated.

But now when i go for Test Data Source-->Extractor Checker Screen and then providing the version 000 and then when i click on extraction Button

It gives a Message "0 data records selected".

Thanks in Advance,

rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also try replicating the datasource again

you can do this in RSA1 (RSA1OLD if in scm 5)

go to source system from the left menu--> choose your APO client --->right click and choose replicate data source. relevant

or choose datasource overview and right click on the relevant datasource to go to replicate

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul ,

Pls check OSS note Note 960602 if this helps ..

Regds // Digs....

rahul_kharya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Digs,

Thanks a lot for replying.

but just a query, see extractor checker is working for DP Data Source and not working for SNP Data Source. so now also this note of relevance or not..

Best Regards

rahul

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Not sure if this is relevant but you can try.

The SNP data you try to extract from OrderSeries keyfigure is not working.

Copy the data from OrderSeries keyfigure to Timeseries keyfigure (you need add them in the SNP Planning Area) and then try extarcting the data from the TimesSeries keyfigure instead from the OrderSeries keyfigure.

Thanks,

somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong; you are saying that, we cannot extract data from order series keyfigures. In that case how many key figures you maintain for time series, performance miight come down for planning area if you maintain huge no of keyfigures.

Is there any way to extract data from Order series Planning area?

Thanks & Regards,

Jagadeesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What aggregates did u choose while creating the extraction? Was it 9ASNPBAS? if so it might be the problem

have you also replicated as mentioned in my post above?

am not sure if it is because it is order series live cache

also see notes

428147 - Extraction of data from an SNP planning area

and 549184 - FAQ: What is important for extraction