cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Failure: all modules ignored

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our Solution Manager 7.1 system is running on Windows 2008 R2 with a SQL 2008 R2 database.  I switched the Java environment system to SAPJVM 4.1, since it is running on NW 7.02.  It was still running on Sun JDK 1.4.  Now the system comes up seemingly fine, but no user can connect to the Java stack through the browser (NWA/SLD) nor using the visual administrator.  In the browser we get error "Login Failure: all modules ignored" while the default trace logs HTTP 500 errors.  I have attached an extract of the default trace.  I have gone through all threads that list the browser error, but have found nothing that helped.

Does anybody have an idea?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susan,

Please check the following note

Note 1317908 - No login to the J2EE engine possible, user not authorized

Hope this help, reward points if this address your issues.

Thanks

Adil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had already found this note, but it looks correct to me.  I am attaching our instance.properties file and a screen shot for point 2 in the note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It turned out to be that note after all.  The problem was that the security policy parameter was specified twice, once correctly and then again wrong all the way down towards the end of the parameters.  Once I removed the second (wrong) specification, everything was fine.

Thank you to everybody for your time.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susan,

This may help you...

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-administrator/blog/2012/06/06/sap-jvm-switch-guide-with-scree...

OSS 1708967 - REMINDER Switch to SAP JVM 4

OSS 1665953 - SAP JVM Switch Tool Composite Note

OSS 1507108 - DNS Caching in the SAP JVM

OSS 1691084 - Modifying JAVA_HOME after update of SAPJVM 4 with SUM

BR,

Prabhakar

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

My problem is that no user can log in since the jvm switch.  Everything worked fine before the JVM switch, so security is basically set up properly.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I would consider updating the SAPJVM to 5 and check whether that helps.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just noticed that the kernel default value for the jvm is version 5.  My system is based on NW70 EHP2, so I thought I needed jvm 4.  This makes wonder.  Should I have switched to sapjvm5?  I'm running kernel 7.20_ext.

Former Member
0 Kudos

but where is jvm 5 could not find it??

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just double-checked the PAM, and 4 is the only supported version.  I guess it's just because we are using a downward compatible kernel that the default value is 5.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

can u paste security log of the server0 directory and also dev_server0 from the work directory.

The security log is bit difficult to see other wise u can activate superadmin set the new pwd and check log in nwa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both are attached.  I had to trim the beginning of the security file, because it was too big to upload.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the ume datasource configuration.Is it portal + LDAP.

Is the certificate under SAPLoginticketPair is still vali.Pl check.If no then regenerate.

Message was edited by: chander bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope u have added the parameters

Adapt  the Instance Profiles

A.     Also check env setting for the SIDadm user for java settings

1.      Set the parameter
jstartup/vm/home=<drive>:\usr\sap\<SAPSID>\<Instance>\exe\sapjvm_4.

2.      Add the parameter SAPJVM_VERSION = <version of the SAPJVM4>

3 Restart the  SAP instance

Message was edited by: chander bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The environment of the sidadm user has the proper java_home set.

jstart/vm/home is set to the correct path.

SAPJVM_VERSION was not set, but our sapjvm_4 folder contains no versions, and it's supposed to be for a 6.40 kernel only.  I set it anyway to 4.1.035 and restarted the system.  It didn't help.

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Susan,

Please check the emergency super administrator user SAP* status in config tool.

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not familiar with that user in the Java engine.  Can you point me to some documentation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to VA

Global server congig---servicees---com.sap.security.core.ume.service--

check if ume.superadmin.activated is true of false

If it's false it's ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is set to false.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what about the instance parameter settings