Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show message report without logging to PI

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Suppose other functional teams need to see

1. How many of their messages has went through PI ?

2. How many messages were in error state?

3. Details of error if necessary.    

All this without logging into PI.

We need this report externally.

I guess we need to use Directory API or some web service for this but not sure.

Is there any tools available  for the same in SAP market place or we need to develop codes for this?

In case I need to develop java codes please provide me some references or blogs for the same.

Finally I am just rephrasing my requirement,  I need a PI (message dashboard)access to functional team members to see how many messages are flowing thru PI at that point of time without logging in PI server.

Regards

Anupam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam

As of now I don't know much is it possible without login but we can monitor through NWDS from where you may get some hint

& if you see the following document it is in the future plan of SAP

http://scn.sap.com/community/process-orchestration/blog/2013/06/14/sp7-of-sap-netweaver-process-orch...

/***********************************************

Message Flow Monitor in SAP Solution Manager is planned for shipment with SP10 of SAP Solution Manager 7.1. It will enable monitoring of information along the integration layers of a B2B or A2A message exchange, including processing within SAP NetWeaver Process Integration, Process Orchestration, SAP backend system layers (ABAP Proxy, ALE). This new functionality will allow:

• Targeting IT & application support and business power users
  • Monitoring along integration layers of message exchange
  • Showing relevant payload data in monitoring overview, such as EDI number, order number etc.
  • Integration with other functionality of SAP Solution Manager such as incident and notification management

**********************************************************/

Regards

GAgan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Its impossible to get details without logging in  to Pi server.

What I meant by "not logging" was that I would hard code the log-in credentials in the java code itself and provide a GUI to the user.

Regards

Anupam

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

AFAIK, We can only achieve this by using directory API web service (AdapterMessageMonitoringVi) . By this method we can ensure functional team and PI team are on same page (while monitoring the interfaces) .

Thanks

Hari.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Does this service show IE messages also? As far as my knowledge goes this is applicable for single stack/ICO messages. What is your suggestion to monitor IE messages.

Regards

Anupam

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

You are correct, We can only monitor adapter engine messages using web service.

I am not sure about this , We can create some bapi (for calling sxi_monitor t-code using provided parameters ) and expose same bapi as web service ?

Thanks

Hari.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can check this also.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-39433

Regards,

Muniyappan.