cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBACOCKPIT MS SQL - Database is not yet configured for monitoring (Unknown MSSQL version)

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm new to SAP on MS SQL but usually pretty familiar with DBACOCKPIT. But I can't find the reason for the error messages I'm receiving in our only hosted SAP on MSSQL. Every option in DBACOCKPIT is greyed out and you can't configure anything but the connection, which is working without any problems.

So DBACOCKPIT is not usable - as you open it you see the error "Database is not yet configured for monitoring" and in the content area you see the message text "Unspecified error occured in GET_RAT_VERSION(2)" . If you then go to System Configuration and display the configured system you get the error message "Unknown MSSQL version" without any further details. Though it's showing the correct MS SQL version that is installed. In the Administration Data tab of DEV and QAS Collect History Data isn't switched on but in PRD it is and there it's not working either.

I've attached some screenshots (servername blured).

Database Release: 10.50.2769

SAP ECC 6.0 without Enhancement Packages

Unfortunately we got the systems with a pretty old SP level (Basis 13, Aba 11) which I fear might cause this problem but I'm not sure for I couldn't find any notes or the like that might fix that issue. And I can't explain a total SP update with just wanting to get DBACOCKPIT working - though I'd really like to.

I've already worked through the common DBACOCKPIT with MSSQL manuals/documentation and searched for notes (like 1086375 and 1027512), even implemented note 1260665 (though it's not really describing the exact issue)  - but I couldn't solve it or find the reason for this.

I haven't found any document guiding through a basic configuration of DBACOCKPIT for MS SQL - either it's just about using this transaction or about configuring external monitoring for MS SQL - doesn't really help.

Does anybody have an idea concerning this problem?

Is there any guideline for basic config of DBACOCKPIT with MS SQL?

Many thanks for your responses in advance

Best wishes

Marie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marie,

Please have a look 1820535 - Unspecified error occurred in GET_RAT_VERSION(2) or SMSS_SYST_SETUP(2)

• For non-SAP BW systems the minimum 700 SAP_BASIS support package level is SP14.
  • For SAP BW systems, the minimum 700 SAP_BASIS support package level is SP16 and the minimum 700 SAP_BW support package level is SP18.

Unfortunately we got the systems with a pretty old SP level (Basis 13, Aba 11) which I fear might cause this problem but I'm not sure for I couldn't find any notes or the like that might fix that issue

BR,

K.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

hrollizo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers

after check the following SAP Notes, my issue was solved:

1820535 - Unspecified error occurred in GET_RAT_VERSION(2) or SMSS_SYST_SETUP(2)

Check the following SAP Notes for the minimum SPS (Support Package Stack):

SQL Server 2008 (R2): 1076022

1076022 - Release planning for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (R2)

Minimum support package levels and SAP kernel patch levels

For non-SAP BW systems the minimum 700 SAP_BASIS support package level is SP14.

Good Job

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

thanks for the responses - we're now trying to plan a SP update - unfortunately it seems like I won't be allowed to do a full update to the latests SPs like I'd prefer to do so we'll probably just implement patch 14 for BASIS and ABA - hope that helps to let DBACOCKPIT at least run with the basic functions.

I'll let you know after the update has been performed.

Thanks so far for the fast and great help.

Best wishes

Marie

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

Just to keep this up to date: we'll plan the SP implementation - but as expected just for sp 14 of basis and aba - hope that'll be sufficient. I'll update you a.s.a.p.

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

today we could finally implemented SP 14 ino the DEV system and - surprise, surprise - it works now.

Thanks for your helpful answers and support.

Wish you all a good start into the week and a nice rest of the day!

Best wishes

Marie

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi together,

first of all thanks for responding that quickly.

Unfortunately note 1820535 isn't released at the moment - that could explain why I didn't find it in service marketplace when searching for GET_RAT_VERSION.

Concerning the kernel: here we're on 720 patch 401 - not the latest but fortunately not as outdated as the support package level.

I'd really like to have a look at note 1820535 before doing anything else - does anybody have access to that note and could provide it for me?

Many thanks and best wishes

Marie

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

There is not that much of information in that note

Just the minimum basis SP quoted by Kamil and the following  print screen that match the error you get.

So the only issue seems to apply SP.

Best regards.

Resolution

As explained in SAP note 1076022 there is a minimum support package level requirement if you want to use SQL Server 2008 or SQL Server 2008 R2 on a system with SAP Basis Release 700.

• For non-SAP BW systems the minimum 700 SAP_BASIS support package level is SP14.
    • For SAP BW systems, the minimum 700 SAP_BASIS support package level is SP16 and the minimum 700 SAP_BW support package level is SP18.

Import the required support packages to ensure that the system works correctly. Lower support packages levels are not supported for use with SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 R2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Download the latest kernel along with latest database library

from portal and install it in the system and check.

what is the kernel version and patch level?

regards,

suresh daniel.