cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client is not known to the message server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've search SAP Notes but could not find any answer to my problem. I am running 4.7 (620) on Ora 9i, Windows 2000 Advanced Server and kernel 155. We have 2 application servers and one DB server.

I get an error message every 5 minutes in the system log reading:-

Client PRD01PRD_00 is not known to the message server

Client PRD02PRD_00 is not known to the message server

This message translates in dev_w0 as follows:-

• ERROR => ThCheckReqInfo: message send/receive failed [thxxhead.c 16132]

• ERROR => ThSysAdmMsg: ThAdmSend [thxxab.c 6903]

Please advise on a solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the same problem. In SM51 check the HOSTNAME whether its written in UPPERCASE. If so change the rdisp/enqname from lower case to upper. Start and Stop SAP and that should stop the messages appearing in SM21.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Adil

tim_buchholz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ferrandi,

this is an attempt to send an ADM message to a given instance. The problem is that the message server is not aware of such an instance. If you say that this happens every 5 minutes, it will be some kind of automatic job trying to speak to an instance not available in the system. I would suggest that you reset the trace files, then switch the trace level of the first three dialog work processes to 2 (components taskhandler, abap proc., and scrn. proc.) and then set the profile parameters

rdisp/TRACE_LOGGING = on, 10m

rdisp/TRACE_PATTERN_0 = ERROR => ThSysAdmMesg: ThAdmSend

so that tracing will stop as soon as the problem happens again. Do post the work process trace file that has the error message here or send it via mail to me so that I can check which report is being run.

Best Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tim,

I am new to sap, i do have a doubt as u mentione in the previous reply for this issue

i.e: - <b>I would suggest that you reset the trace files, then switch the trace level of the first three dialog work processes to 2</b>

My question is how we can i restrict the trace level for the first three work process only.Cau u please make me clear regardiing this doubt

Regards,

bharath kumar. K

Former Member
0 Kudos

People,

I found that the message server in dev_ms referred to the same server, but one in lower case and one written in UPPER CASE.

I checked SAP using RSPARAM and all are in lower case.

I checked all 3 servers host files and all are in lower case.

I checked the DNS server and all are in lower case.

I checked the registery and all entries are in lower case.

Where can I look next?