cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostic Agent: An agent is already installed on this host...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I try to install a  Diagnostic Agent on a host.

When I start installation setup I get following message:

An agent is already installed on this host or virtual host jerry. Choose "Cancel" to modify the virtual host name or "OK" to continue.

So I had a look into /usr/sap -> there is no folder DAA.

I checked users -> there is no user daaadm.

I checked processes -> there is no process /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/ (logical, if ther is no folder DAA, there coulnd't be a profile for start..).

So I tried to uninstall pretended DAA - but setup only provides option to uninstall SAP System (/usr/sap/SID).

So, how can I check what's the problem here? How does setup check if there is an agent installed or not?

Regards,

Julia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if the port you are using is occupied in /etc/services.

I thin you are trying to use virtual host name jeery.

• Case C)
    This indicates that 2 Diagnostics Agents are installed on the same host (physical, virtual or logical) and connected to the same Solution Manager. This setup is not supported.
    Uninstall one of the 2 Diagnostics Agent and install it on the right host if needed.

Note 1916056 - Duplicated Diagnostics Agent entries

thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rishi,

this is the second step in the installation routine. Systems asks for hostname and then another Diagnostic Agent is detected.

So how can I find out which port is used to check in /etc/services? I can't find any processes using DAA.

How can I check if there is another agent running? On OS level I can't see anything.

Systems are installed on LPAR. But this shouldn't have an effect on installed systems.

Regards,

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all go it /usr/sap/ and see the file sapservices if you can see any refrerance of SMD.

Try to do

ps -eaf | grep SMD

and see if any process is visible.

Go in /etc/services and see if you see any SID that is not installed on this host.

also check the contents of the below file.

/etc/sapconf

It looks like some one has manually delete the SMD agent.

How old is this host. Are you using SWPM with use virtual host name parameters jerry.

An agent is already installed on this host or virtual host jerry. Choose "Cancel" to modify the virtual host name or "OK" to continue.

Anothere thing what when you click on continue. Dont use 97 try to user some another instance.

If the server is old it might be that old smd agent was installed and then the name was SMD rather than DAA and that is the reason the new installer cant find DAA.

This note explains hot you should delete the smd agent if you dont want it.

1229586 - UNIX:Deleting an NW 7.0 based SAP System Manually

Thanks

Rishi abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rishi,

Problem was, that in /usr/sap/sapservices was left a reference to an installed DAA:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/exe:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH; /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/exe/sapstartsrv pf=/usr/sap/DAA/SYS/profile/DAA_SMDA97_jerry -D -u daaadm

So I deleted this entry an installation goes on.

Thank you for your help and the note 1229586.

For other users - this is what I checked:

In /usr/sap/ I can see following folders:

P01 (SID)

hostctrl

lost+found

saprouter

tmp

trans

In /etc/services I can't find anything with saphostctrl or DAA or SMD97 or something like that

File /etc/sapconf I couldn't find.

In /usr/sap/sapservices I can find a reference to DAA:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/exe:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH; /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/exe/sapstartsrv pf=/usr/sap/DAA/SYS/profile/DAA_SMDA97_jerry -D -u daaadm

"ps -eaf | grep SMD" returns only:

root     11718 11538  0 10:25 pts/0    00:00:00 grep SMD

I'm trying to install with Standalone DAA-Installationroutine from SAP marketplace.

I think I could install with another SID like DA1 and another Port, but nevertheless there is an Agent installed - that's what the software says.

Error was exactly the same as posted. There are no other comments, links or anything else.

In /etc/passwd there is only a user sapadm, but no user daaadm. I compared with /etc/passwd from test system. There user daaadm is available.

Answers (0)