cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to maintain multiple product categories in responsibility tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We all must have come across this requirement where we need to maintain multiple product categories for a particular Purchasing Group in it's responsibility tab or in extended attribute of any organization node. Currently I am copy pasting this maintaining which is a tedious task when we have more than two to three P Groups or almost 600 product categories.

So now I want to know is there a simpler way by which I can upload these product categories in less time consuming way.

Please do let me know.

Thanks

Siddarth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siddarth,

I personally use either of the below two ways.

1. You have FROM to TO option while maintaining product categories. So, if the product categories are in series you can use this.

2. Or if you have product categories which starts will a particular series like 3AB123, 3AB321 then in this case you can give 3AB* . This would cover all the product categories which start with 3AB.

Hope this would be of help.

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muzamil,

I have 628 distinct product categories So in that neither range nor 3AB* type of thing will work. Currently I am copy pasting 5 entries at a time and putting in responsibility tab.

As this need to be done in both quality and production system as well, I will looking for some tip or tool if anybody has created to update this in bulk.

Thanks

Siddarth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siddarth,

Assigning product categories manually is the only standard process to my knowledge.

May be you can try either of the below two ways to ease your work.

1. If you think there are any common product categories across companies, then you can assign them at root level.

2. Instead of assigning the product categories twice in QA and PRD. You can do a one time setup in QA and have it replicated in PRD.

Hope this would be of any help.

Regards,

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Apart from the solution given by Muzamil, since you have to maintain distict prod category, so did you able to find any way?

Just let me know, as we are also having such requirement.

Thanks,

Sunil

former_member183790
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Siddarth / Sunil,

For updation of product category in extended attribute, you need to write a custom logic in which you have to use the FM BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTE with the technical name PRCAT. Let me know if you still have any questions.

Thanks

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I tried this but it is giving me update_error. I was trying to update currency.

Thanks

Siddarth