cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling budget entry fields (WERT1) in CJ30

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our PS projects have a single L1 WBS element with a hierchy of WBS elements below.

We assign budget (Overall and Annual) to projects by "Transfer to SAP" from Financial Planning on Items in Projects and Portfolio Management (PPM)

This budget is assigned to the L1 WBS element only. The budget is then distributed down the WBS hierarchy in transaction CJ30.

We want to prevent any changes to the budget in the entry field (WERT1) only for the L1 WBS element.

This is automatic when a WBS element is assigned to an IM position, for assignment of budget from IM via transaction IM52.

How can we achieve the same functionality when we assign budget from PPM?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

When you assign budget from PPM you don't have this control , the standard way that it could work

If you are not using project type field you can create 2 projects types L1and L2

Your WBS level 1 will have project type L1

The others WBS will have project type L2

You can give your users authorization by project type C_PRPS_ART, give them only L2 to modify ( activity 28) create other role with L1 -display.

I think in this case it should be wok.. But i never tested it.

Be in mind that if user transfer budget from PPM to PS he needs authorization to do it ( then they need L1).

If the user that trasfer from PPM to PSis the same that shouldn't have authorization  to modify it on PS this solution won't work. ( only will work if the traspnsfer is done with a system user)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

Thanks for responding so quickly.

We will have to rely on user authorizations, since we already use project types. Pity about the lack of what is there in IM - perhaps SAP could make some enhancement?

We will also search to see if there is maybe a Badi out there...

Thanks once again.

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

I think fields : project responsible and User fields have also authority object. Then you can use one of them in the same way I explained with project type.

Regards,

Clara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara

Thanks for your reply - we will maintain User Statuses to achieve the control we require.

Answers (0)