cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publications fail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

On a BI 4.1 SP1 Platform all the publications fail and it has never worked since the installation.

The problem seems too come from Axis2 so at first I replaced the Axis2 file with another one from a working platform but no result.

Then I patched the platform with patch 1 and patch 2 but still no improvement.

Any idea?

This is the error message:

2013-10-23 11:38:41,604 INFO  [PublishingService:RunInstancePool-55] BusinessObjects_PublicationAdminLog_Instance_20542 - [Publication ID # 20542] - Running publication instance.

2013-10-23 11:38:41,654 INFO  [PublishingService:RunInstancePool-55] BusinessObjects_PublicationAdminLog_Instance_20542 - [Publication ID # 20542] - The global delivery rule for this publication was met; publication processing will now begin.

2013-10-23 11:38:56,260 ERROR [PublishingService:HandlerPool-47] BusinessObjects_PublicationAdminLog_Instance_20542 - [Publication ID # 20542] - An exception was caught during post-processing. (FBE60401)

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at [row,col]:[1,1]

at org.apache.axis2.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:430)

at org.apache.axis2.transport.TransportUtils.createSOAPMessage(TransportUtils.java:123)

at org.apache.axis2.transport.TransportUtils.createSOAPMessage(TransportUtils.java:67)

at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.handleResponse(OutInAxisOperation.java:354)

at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:421)

at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInAxisOperation.java:229)

at org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:165)

at com.businessobjects.framework.services.oca2.publishing.postprocessing.PublishingPostProcessingServiceStub.postProcess(PublishingPostProcessingServiceStub.java:182)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.oca2.publishing.postprocessing.internal.PublishingPostProcessingService.postProcess(PublishingPostProcessingService.java:66)

at com.businessobjects.publisher.postprocessing.PostProcessingHelper.postProcessScopeBatch(PostProcessingHelper.java:82)

at com.businessobjects.publisher.processing.ScopeBatchHandler.run(ScopeBatchHandler.java:148)

at com.businessobjects.publisher.processing.threadpool.TraceLogRunnableWrapper.run(TraceLogRunnableWrapper.java:29)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:743)

Caused by: org.apache.axiom.om.OMException: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at [row,col]:[1,1]

at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.builder.StAXOMBuilder.next(StAXOMBuilder.java:296)

at org.apache.axiom.soap.impl.builder.StAXSOAPModelBuilder.getSOAPEnvelope(StAXSOAPModelBuilder.java:198)

at org.apache.axiom.soap.impl.builder.StAXSOAPModelBuilder.<init>(StAXSOAPModelBuilder.java:154)

at org.apache.axiom.soap.impl.builder.StAXSOAPModelBuilder.<init>(StAXSOAPModelBuilder.java:140)

at org.apache.axis2.builder.BuilderUtil.getSOAPBuilder(BuilderUtil.java:686)

at org.apache.axis2.transport.TransportUtils.createDocumentElement(TransportUtils.java:197)

at org.apache.axis2.transport.TransportUtils.createSOAPMessage(TransportUtils.java:145)

at org.apache.axis2.transport.TransportUtils.createSOAPMessage(TransportUtils.java:108)

... 13 more

Caused by: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at [row,col]:[1,1]

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLStreamReaderImpl.next(XMLStreamReaderImpl.java:599)

at org.apache.axiom.util.stax.wrapper.XMLStreamReaderWrapper.next(XMLStreamReaderWrapper.java:225)

at org.apache.axiom.util.stax.dialect.SJSXPStreamReaderWrapper.next(SJSXPStreamReaderWrapper.java:138)

at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.builder.StAXOMBuilder.parserNext(StAXOMBuilder.java:668)

at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.builder.StAXOMBuilder.next(StAXOMBuilder.java:214)

... 20 more

2013-10-23 11:38:56,308 INFO  [PublishingService:RunInstancePool-55] BusinessObjects_PublicationAdminLog_Instance_20542 - [Publication ID # 20542] - Publication scheduling complete.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Clotilde

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Cause

The server group is missing Adaptive processing server responsible for publishing and post-processing.

Solution

Add an Adaptive processing server to the server group to resolve the issue

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I checked the Adaptive processing Server and it was alright.

I tried to create a new one with all the services. The problem was the same.

Then I tried to create one with only the publication service and it now works well but I still don't understand why the platform needs an APS only for publication...

Thank you for your answer it helped me to find the problem.

Best regards,

Clotilde

Former Member
0 Kudos

If several publications are running concurrently, create multiple instances of the Adaptive Processing Server. In general, it is recommended that you have one Adaptive Processing Server instance for every three concurrent publications.

Please check below link for benefits of splitting APS.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31711

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer. In my case only one publication is running at the same time.

Best regards,

Clotilde

0 Kudos

Hi Clotilde,

I get the same error. Did you manage to get your publications working?

Regards,

Jerome

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerome,

I solve the problem by creating a new Adaptive Processing Server dedicated to only publications. Now it works well.

Regards,

Clotilde

zhang_jiwen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Clotilde,

We faced the same issue.

If we split the publishing and publish post processing service from APS to a dedicated APS server, we would get an error "Service PublishingPostProcessingService is not activated"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhang,

This is the detail of what I did:

• I edited the existing APS so it contains all the services except "publication service".

• Then I created a new APS called xxx.APS_Publication (I stopped and deactivated the first one then I duplicated it)

• I edited xxx.APS_Publication so it contains : "publication service" => not post processing service

• I checked that the checkbox "Automatically start this server when the Server Intelligence Agent" was checked.

• Then I activated and restarted both APS.

It might be a RAM issue. How much RAM does your BO server gets?

zhang_jiwen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Clotilde,

Thank you for your help.

I have tested as per your instruction.However,it still prompted that "Service PublishingPostProcessingService is not activated" in the logs of publishing.

0 Kudos

Hi Zhang, Did you find a resolution to your problem, we seem to have run into the same issue as yours after splitting the APS?

we would like to know if there is a resolution/workaround apart from the the one mentioned by Dallas.

Thanks,

Prashant

former_member190903
Participant
0 Kudos

We also had to split out Publishing services and give them more memory.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

dallas_marks
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Does anyone have any feedback on publications with BI 4.1 SP4 or SP4 Patch 1? Good? Bad? Ugly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We just upgraded from 4.1 SP1 to 4.1 SP4 Patch 2  and we are facing the issue described in the beginning of this thread. We'll try to apply the solutions above and see if it fixes it.

dallas_marks
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Did SAP ever identify an ADAPT for the issue? Jean-Claude, perhaps the fix is in 4.1 SP4 Patch 3?

former_member197671
Participant
0 Kudos

Jean- Claude, Were you able to apply the fix to resolve the issue or did you go the route of Patch 3 and that resolved the issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

To be honest, I was helping a co-worker and we discussed the options, but I don't remember the resolution. We are running SP4 Patch 2 and I think it's all running fine now. I'll get more information and reply back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought I'd post this in case it was useful to others.

We were facing the same issue as Dallas, running on SAP BI 4.1 SP2, and wanted a quick resolution to this issue without implementing SP3.

So we implemented the workaround suggested in SAP Note:

2001786 - Error:"an exception was caught during post-processing. (FBE60401)....PublishingPostProcess...

and it worked like a charm!

Obviously the long term solution will be the implementation of SP4, but for the moment it's a valid workaround for us

Please note that this involves disabling Introscope Enterprise Manager and it may not be a solution advisable to everyone.

I hope it helps

dallas_marks
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have good news. SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.1 Support Pack 3 appears to correct this publication issue. There are several ADAPT (issues) about publications listed in the fixed issued guide but none seem to address this particular problem. I built a new system using BI 4.1 SP2 build with SP3 patch applied. This is the same publication that did not work properly for me in SP2 until I reconfigured the APS as documented in this thread. It's a single Web Intelligence document and eFashion universe filtered by a profile and distributed to multiple BI Inboxes. I moved it to the new system using Promotion Management.

I no longer had to split the Publishing Service and the Publishing Post Processing Service into separate APS, which was the workaround for SP2. Instead, I used the System Configuration Wizard's out-of-the-box "small" setting, which created 4 APS: Analysis, Auditing, Core, and Data. Both publishing services are in the Core APS as shown below.

As a bonus, the System Configuration Wizard "small" setting no longer incorrectly creates two Client Audit Proxy Services (CAPS) like it did in earlier patch levels.

This news is encouraging. Please share your results here if you are able to retest publications using BI 4.1 SP3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Dallas Marks, that is good news indeed!

I am currently upgrading to SP3 (but unfortunately meeting various problems), I will let you know as soon as I can test the publications.

former_member197671
Participant
0 Kudos

Great to hear Dallas!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Faced similar issues this morning with 4.1 SP02 Patch 1, Pre-upgrade publications were working fine with publishing service and post publishing service in a separate APS.

To resolve looks like you may have to further split down the publishing APS created in previous set ups.

Created a single APS one for Publishing Service and one for post publishing service and this seems to have resolved the issue.

Cheers

Matt

former_member197671
Participant
0 Kudos

Matt-What was your pre-upgrade environment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny,

Pre-upgrade the environment was 4.0 SP04 Patch 5.

Thanks

Matt

dallas_marks
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Has anyone received indication from SAP that this issue has been assigned an ADAPT and tentative patch level and timeframe for delivery? It's been nearly 3 weeks since I opened my support incident and it keeps getting bounced around.

former_member197671
Participant
0 Kudos

So I take it that splitting out your APS as Matt Vasey mentioned was not a simple solution for you?

former_member197671
Participant
0 Kudos

Dallas- Did you ever get this resolved with SAP? I am still trying to understand if the issue you are seeing is bigger than what everyone else has mentioned. Hearing mixed results. We are heavy with publications so if the solution is not to break apart the APS then it is a deal breaker for us.

dallas_marks
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Jenny,

My incident, opened on January 3, is still open without resolution, just several hours of "try this" with the support engineer. Yesterday I was passed off to a new engineer so I'm instead trying to get my incident escalated. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Some of the issues we've seen in BI 4.1 only appear in upgrades, not in new installations. In our case, we did a new installation but on a sandbox that previously had BI 4.0 and possibly still had some "fingerprints" on it.

I hope to have an answer by the end of this week.

Regards,

Dallas

dallas_marks
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I received a resolution from SAP Support today.  Here is what we did on my BI 4.1 SP2 sandbox:

1. Stop the default SIA

2. Create a new SIA node with default servers and a temporary CMS

3. From the new SIA node, add a new APS that contains only the Publication Service

4. From the new SIA node, add a new APS that contains only the Publication Post Processing Service

5. Split the other APS services as desired

6. Delete the original SIA

I would expect a future patch to fix the core issue with the default SIA as well as fix the split method used by the Server Configuration Wizard. There's still no public acknowledgement from SAP about the defect (an ADAPT #) or which patch level we can expect to see the fix appear. Hopefully in a SP2 patch as well as SP3 which is scheduled for the end of March 2013.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , Thank you for sharing the solution in SCN. This will help others to solve there issue.

This week we are planning to upgrade one of our Test system to BI 4.1 SP2. Hope this issue will not occur.

former_member197671
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for sharing. This sounds so too familiar. We went through the "try this" and recreating SIA over and over back on 4.0 SP4 and would like to avoid those sleepless days again. We are shooting for SP3 as of right now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marks, i did it and it worked!

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would create APS with following service in order to fix the issue and you want dedicated APS for publisher:

Publisher Service

Publishing Post Processing Server''

Hope this helps!!

dallas_marks
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue with BI 4.1 SP2 using the simplest eFashion publication. SAP is investigating. It seems that nobody in BI 4.1 ramp-up was using publications.

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Happy to see Dallas Marks started contributing in SCN who is one of the mentors for most of the BusinessObjects professionals for the past 10+ years . Hope we will get more words from you in upcoming days. Welcome to SCN Dallas!

dallas_marks
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the kind words, Manikandan. Sadly, my only contribution to the conversation so far is "it's broke", but I hope to have some more information today when SAP updates my support incident.

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its not only specific to this issue alone Dallas.  I still reading your blogs here http://evtechnologies.com/author/dallas/. It would be really good if you can share your knowledge in SCN as well.

former_member197671
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you elaborate on some details.. I am wondering if this is the same bug we discovered with 4.0 that led us to 4.0 SP7 that the issue was resolved.. 4.1 Sp2 is supposed to include SP7 fixes...I have a question into SAP confirming this because I was afraid of this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Technically , based on forwardfitplan, 4.1 sp2 should have 4.0 SP7. Unless they broke something else.

former_member197671
Participant
0 Kudos

SAP has now confirmed all adapts we experienced issues with or were waiting to be resolved  are included in 4.1 SP2- so guessing this is a new bug or an install issue??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stone,

As i mentioned my previous message, that became true.