cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find ./IWFND/GW_CLIENT. transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to run the http://scn.sap.com/people/volker.drees/blog/2012/10/26/step-by-step-guide-to-build-an-odata-service-... example to test the recently installed gateway. But at the end of the document i am to run the IWFND/GW_CLIENT. transaction to execute the ODATA.

But it says  TRANSACTION does n't exist. IS there any change in the versions that make this happen / any alternatives to test the ODATA?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Regards

Kunnu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member184867
Active Contributor

Hi Kunnu,

If you are in SP7 and then you must have the gateway client in your system. Try to execute /n/iwfnd/gw_client once more in Gateway Hub System and see if you can get the client is appearing. Please note that there is a /n at the beginning.

Regards,

Atanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my system, I could not find either of the /n/IWFND/GW_CLIENT and /n/IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE transactions.

My system is "SAP_BASIS 731"

I can also see that "CONCEPT GATEWAY 2.0 sap.com SAP NETWEAVER GATEWAY 2.0" is installed

Are there missing add-ons to be installed in this case? Please refer http://scn.sap.com/thread/3520572

If it is 7-7.31 : You need to install iw_fnd, iw_bep and gw_core in your backend system (Where you plan your gateway as well.)  IW_pGW is also required

Vlad
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Do you have these addons installed?

GW_CORE 200, IW_FND 250

Former Member
0 Kudos

No unfortunately

Vlad
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

IW_FND contains the required transaction, and it requires the GW_CORE component.

By the way, are you sure that your NetWeaver installation has the NetWeaver Gateway component? Otherwise, you will not have these transactions. As far as I remember, NetWeaver 7.40 has them pre-installed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vladislav for your reply,

The NetWeaver is 7.31

As I understand, if we upgrade to 7.40, all those addons will be automatically included

I created the service /xxx/SOM_FIORI_TEST01_SRV using SEGW tcode. At least I have the name.

Is there a way I can see this service and use it?

Vlad
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I understood now. You are developing on the "backend" part, it is where IW_BEP is installed. There you will not find transactions you have requested above.

If you have the Gateway Hub installation, you should switch to it and search for the gateway client there.

A request, that you make, should always come to the Gateway Hub, and then it will be forwarded to the Backend part.

If you install GW_CORE&IW_FND components, or upgrade NetWeaver, you will recieve the required functionality, however this would not be probably what you need.

Could you please tell me your scenario in greater details?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,right now I'm trying to create oData service for Fiori apps to consume

When I checked installed software component versions, I see that IW_BEP 200 is already installed, as you guessed

Since I'm not very familiar with software components, I did not fully understand the Gateway Hub

But my case is this, right now I'm working on a sandbox system to build a test fiori app

I started with oData service ( based on http://scn.sap.com/people/volker.drees/blog/2012/10/26/step-by-step-guide-to-build-an-odata-service-... )

And I want to continue with building a Fiori app which will consume this oData service.

But since the sandbox system is not configured and controlled by me, I'm not sure if all prerequites are fulfilled

Vlad
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If it is a sandbox, feel free to install components I have mentioned. You don't need to upgrade.

vijaybhaskarraju_vegesana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please refer the below link, which gives overview of transactions.

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-gateway/blog/2013/03/26/netweaver-gateway-t-code-summary

Thanks,

Vijay

Vlad
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You have to install the IW_FND addon. Maybe you are looking for the Gateway client on IW_BEP.

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You missed a '/' in front. It should be /IWFND/GW_CLIENT not IWFND/GW_CLIENT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Think you are in a lower version of gateway, the article you are reffering needs SP05...

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to transaction /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE and display service. There you will see 2 buttons on bottom screen namely "Call Browser" and "Gateway Client" which can be used to test OData services.

Alternatively, you can use REST plugin in Chorme browser to test OData services.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks @chandrashekar_Mahajan . tried the same. but  unable to fetch any business data .

Kindly suggest any .

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So does it means that you are able to access "Call Browser" or "Gateway Client"  as mentioned above?

what error are you getting?

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think we are on SP7. I tried by Service maintaince--register service, Maintain service--call browser.

trying this way does nt display any  data.

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can open the URL in chrome browser. suppose if I want to see the data for SAMPLEFLIGHT.

odata service, I will query it with below url with metadata as URL parameter at the end.

http://<host>:<port>/sap/opu/odata/IWFND/SAMPLEFLIGHT/?$metadata

This will display the entity, entity sets and relationship information of OData service. Now to see the data for fligts, I will query with EntitySet (Collection) as below which will display Flights entity set.

http://<host>:<port>/sap/opu/odata/IWFND/SAMPLEFLIGHT/FlightCollection

I hope following these simple steps you will be able to see the data for your odata service.

Regards,

Chandra

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The unavailability of data does not depend on  SP7 or 'I tried by Service maintaince--register service, Maintain service--call browser.' There should be some other error