cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap web application server and integration server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm new to sap pi. I have been reading lot of help documents and pdfs about sap pi.

I have read that sap pi is built on sap web application server and how it is installed on web application server.

I have seen an architecture of sab web AS and there i see abap, dispatcher and workprocess etc...

I want to know how PI is built on the Web AS or installed on Web AS.

I assume that, first to have any sap system in place say sap ecc, crm , scm, We(basis) first install web AS and then in case of PI, we install a server (here integration server) on that AS. That is we will get to see all the tools like ESR ,ID , runtime ,etc.....

I don't know if you have understood my question , Please i want to clear the doubt. Please help

Also i want to know the difference between SAP web AS and Integration server.

Regards.

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, there are two stacks, the ABAP stuck and  the JAVA stuck, SAP WEB AS ABAP and SAP WEB AS JAVA (PI 7.3.1 onwards you have the possibility to have the Java Stuck only or to follow with the two). Integration server  is only runtime concept,  this is the parte which take do the interchanging message work, this is independent if the stuck used is  ABAP, JAVA or the two.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Invaki,

I appreciate your reply.

So SAP Web AS is only related to PI, I mean, when you want SAP PI in your landscape , only then will you insatll web AS. For ECC , there will not be web AS.

Web AS is nothing but SAP PI, you don't install integration server, is it just a runtime concept.

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

So SAP Web AS is only related to PI

No, Even ECC system will have it's own application server (AS).

Web AS is nothing but SAP PI, you don't install integration server, is it just a runtime concept

Web AS is not SAP PI , Web AS means application server (AS) will support 3/n-tier Architecture .

for example : Server is installed some where , but you are able to access the same server using tools like putty/SAP log on etc.

Integration Server : In SAP PI Integration server means combination of both Integration engine (running on Web AS ABAP) and Adapter Engine (running on Web AS JAVA).

AFAIK,  SAP WEB AS ABAP (for net weaver architecture  ) is capable of hosting PI (ABAP stack) and BI  . SAP AS JAVA (7.31) is capable of hosting PI ( Adapter / Java alone stack) , BRM and BPM also.

Thanks

Hari.

Answers (0)