cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter id

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone help me to understand what is meant by chapter ID and where in Material master we assign this chapter id.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The number given to a material in the schedules of materials published by the government of India.

The schedule lists all materials involved in manufacturing, input materials and output materials alike. It shows how much excise duty is levied on each material.

Each material in the schedule is assigned its own identification code, called "chapter ID."

Example

The schedule contains an entry for ceramic roofing tiles, which are liable to basic excise duty at 16%. The chapter ID associated with these tiles is 6903.10.

As per my knowledge it is not mentioned in the material master Record

Please reward points if its helpful to you

Regards

MBS

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chapter ID is a coding given to product belonging to a group of material. Excise Duty for pproduct / material is then determined based on the Chapter ID.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also please send your mail id .. I will send documents on it.

Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Sadhu,

Thanks a lot for responding my mail id is chandu2win@gmail.com. Please send the relavent document i will so thankful to you.

chandru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Sent the mail

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Please check your mail id.

Best Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sadhu,

Please send me the same to raovch@rediffmail.com.

Thanks,

rao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Chapter ID's are given by the government categorizing various materials having different tax slabs.

Like all food supplements have 12 % tax and general medicines have 4 % tax.

Every year we need to update the condition records with latest chapter id published by the government as the taxes might change.

The t.code is J1ID.

Hope it helps. Please reward if useful.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore