Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS - No export of files

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

in our Quality System the co and data files are not exported, when I release a Transport via SE10.

On what it is depending?

Where can I activate this?
Because I have to Transport a function group from Q-System to Dev-System.

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Normally the transport route is define from DEV - > QAS -> PRD. So in your case if the scenarios if the transport route is same and you create and release a request in QAS, it will create only local modifiable request for which no cofiles or datafiles will be created.

For moving any object from QAS -> DEV you may need to re-create the transport route from QAS - > DEV which I may not recommend to do so.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

What seems to be the soln

1.recreate the transport route for time being.Release the req from QAS to dev and then revert to orginal transport route.

2.Create a test system of same version ,add another virtual system as QAS. Create transport route and rel the req copy it to dev server and import to dev.

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chander,

thank you for your help.

This was exactly what I had to do.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

ahmed_ibrahim2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

in our Quality System the co and data files are not exported, when I release a Transport via SE10.

On what it is depending?

Where can I activate this?

Dear Christian ,

you told that ,  you already released the TP it means that you created the request in QAS System and by the way your QAS system is not locked which is not recommended by SAP , any way now there is released request in the in the following Directories /usr/sap/trans/cofile in the format  KT00xxx.SID and /usr/sap/trans/data in the format  RT00xxx.SID

you have to make sure that all systems in that domain is able to access those Directories "shared Directories"

if OK ??

go to DEV system

run stms_import

select add from Extra Menu

select the required request to your system Import Queue

click Enter and click Yes

select the Client

Click Enter

after adding the request to the Queue select the request and click import request

kindly clarify the system Details   

Best Regards

AhMeD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

The transport route might not be present from QA to Dev, that is the reason you are not able to release the transport request.

As suggested by Reagan, preferable way is to create a transport of copies(TOC) in QA with target client as DEV and include your changes in this TOC, and release and import it in DEV.

Regards,

Laxman

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Could you tell us about your transport route, it always depends on the transport route and transport layer. As suggested by Reagan, you can try SCC1.

regards

kartik

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

How about the option Transport of Copies ?

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do the development in DEV for that Obj, best practise is DEV to QA.

BR,

Prabhakar