cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deduction-Time for meals (Trip over several countries)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

could you please explain me how to configure the system regarding following functional Issue. (german Travelsystem)

An employee has following travelroute:

Date                Arrival time          Country         

22.10.2013       10:00                  France (accomodation)

23.10.2013         13:00                Spain (Deduction Frühstück)

This means, the employee had his accomodation in France but his breakfast in spain.

Regarding german Travel Law, the deduction (23.10.2013) has to calculate from the france per diems.

I tried to configure the time fields to the deduction screen (WebDynpro ABAP) based on ESS Dialog Control. (Schema and Field Control)

But if I set the fields to visible( Time for Breakfast), nothing happens.

Is there any other setting to maintain for the "time for meals" fields?       

Thanks!

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

two question's:

when was the traveler arriving to Spain?

and where was the traveller "sleeping"?

Best regards,

Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sigi,

the traveler is sleeping from 22.10.2013 to 23.10.2013 and take a breakfast on 23.10.2013 at 09:00(France) am.

He arrives in Spain at 11.00 am. He maintain the duction for 23.10.2013.

At the moment the system calculate the deduction from the spain per diems. But it should be the France. Right?

Many thanks!

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this depends.

If you are using deduction check boxes from trip master data, Spain is correct, as this is the country last reached that day, indicating daily allowance and deductions for whole day.

If you are using "number of breakfasts" from hotel receipt, system will use receipt country if ready for entry, otherwise trip country from master data on transaction date. EDIT: So it could also be France or Switzerland or whatever is entered.

Anyway, with legal change for 2014, you MUST use deduction check boxes as of 01.01.2014 with the 20% / 40% / 40% deduction, which will end up in deduction for Spain in your case.

Tax office says that deductions need to be made shortening per diems. The hotel receipt solution will shorten trip totals, not per diems. So it will be no longer correct.

All other solutions will run into complex taxation issues regarding payroll and display of trip PDF form.

regards, Michael (from Germany)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marco,

now it is geeting interesting.

First of all: There will be a legal change for 2014 of all of this. (KBA 1902231)

But coming back to 2013.

The check box which are you using is not officially set from SAP to legal requirements.

Means the check boxs are only usable from SAP standard for "customer reductions".

(why? Long story short - this was used in the past for legal settings but law changed ...and solution was not usable anymore for this)

What is the legal requirement?

The deductions are only used for tax reasons - so it is not a deductions from a per diem.

The deduction must be "paid" by any amount from ...

So if you "technically" dedduct from any per diem this does not metter!

At the end oficial solution from SAP for Germany is - To use the standard expense type to deduct 😉

Therefore this is OK because as I said deduction is not from the per diem...

I know lots of info - als from Michael - but hope you understand.

If not please feel free to come back to me!

Best regards,

Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

I think we have to wait until LP is out to say "...you MUST use deduction check boxes.."

Best regards,

Sigi