Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW configuration in dev server

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

Due to money constraints company are planning to implement

Biw in the same system as development or in prd .Please can anyone post how to configure a client as a biw client in the same system on dev or on prd

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please elobrate your requirement.

you can have more detailes on BW clients at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/b7/8a9a3aaf894871e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I am assuming you have netweaver 2004s in which BW 3.1 ( if i remember correctly that is the version) comes as default. I mean you are able to use BW transactions like RSA1 etc. though not successfully.

otherwise you need to go for BW addons. In case BW package is there you need to follow the following steps.

1. Change the value of profile parameter login/system_client to the client you want to make BW client thus making the BW client of your choice your default login client. This you can do through RZ10. After this restart your SAP server. Make sure you do the restart to have the changes effective.

2. execute the function module RS_MANDT_UNIQUE_SET in SE37 with value of i_mandt being set to BW client.

Check OSS note 316923 as well.

please award points if answer was helpful

Regards.

Ruchit.

Message was edited by:

Ruchit Khushu

Message was edited by:

Ruchit Khushu

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The BI release within SAP NetWeaver 2004s is not 3.1. This was the release 2 releases before 2004s. The version of BI is 2004s within SAP NetWeaver 2004s (actually it is just SAP NetWeaver now and you activate the BI features you need - this is covered in the SAP NetWeaver 2004s master guide).

Cheers,

Mike.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the confirmation.

Regards.

Ruchit.