cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISSUE with numeric values in BO-Explorer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ladies and Gents!

My problem is that i cant manage to Index an 'Information Space' if it consist any type of numeric data. As long as i use only alphanumeric data indexing such as exploring works fine.
At first i didnt knew about the ability to create 'Measures' (SUM) in the universe with 'Information Design-Tool'. I tried but it still dont works.

My measure looks like this:

When i try to index with an numeric value as an measure i get this error:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Latest indexing failed

Start Date: 2013/10/24 15:47

End Date: 2013/10/24 15:47

Server, WBSSV041_SBOSER.ExplorerIndexingServer, generated the following messages:

Index Creation Failed (

The execution of the specified analysis query failed.-[] <com.businessobjects.dsl.commons.exception.NestedException: Failed to execute: SELECT

Table__1."S611-ARBPL",

Table__1."S611-WERKS",

sum(Table__1."S611-Z_TOANGEBO")

FROM

"PROD_WRP_ECC_6"."Local.INFOSET"."Z_WRP_S611"  Table__1

GROUP BY

>

Failed to execute: SELECT

Table__1."S611-ARBPL",

Table__1."S611-WERKS",

sum(Table__1."S611-Z_TOANGEBO")

FROM

GROUP BY

[Data Federator Driver] [Server] [Connector 'PROD_WRP_ECC_6'] ConnectionServer has reported an Exception: Driver is not capable to return result description when no data is selected

[Data Federator Driver] [Server] [Connector 'PROD_WRP_ECC_6'] ConnectionServer has reported an Exception: Driver is not capable to return result description when no data is selected

[Connector 'PROD_WRP_ECC_6'] ConnectionServer has reported an Exception: Driver is not capable to return result description when no data is selected)

<---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And when i try to 'Index' with an numeric value without having created an measure for it, it shows this error:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Latest indexing failed

Start Date: 2013/10/25 08:56

End Date: 2013/10/25 08:57

Server, WBSSV041_SBOSER.ExplorerIndexingServer, generated the following messages:

Index Creation Failed (

The execution of the specified analysis query failed.-[] <com.businessobjects.dsl.commons.exception.NestedException: Failed to execute: SELECT DISTINCT

Table__1."S611-ARBPL",

Table__1."S611-SPWOC",

Table__1."S611-Z_TOANGEBO"

FROM

>

Failed to execute: SELECT DISTINCT

Table__1."S611-ARBPL",

Table__1."S611-SPWOC",

Table__1."S611-Z_TOANGEBO"

FROM

[Connector 'PROD_WRP_ECC_6'] ConnectionServer has reported an Exception: Driver is not capable to return result description when no data is selected)
<----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

David N.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

For measures you would need a different object called measure, not a dimension.

Best regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!
But for this screenshoot i took the wrong example, in fact i have selected 'measure'-type.

This would be the correct example:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your object definition should be like =Sum(MeasureObject)

Answers (0)