Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Measures not showing in Lumira

former_member199691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I created a calculation view in HANA Studio and using that in SAP Lumira. Then I added new Calculated Measure in the calculation view but those are not showing up in Lumira.

I also added Description for the fields in calculation view but those are also not showing up, it is showing field names (I added description in calculation view after creating Lumira document).

Any suggestions why Lumira is not refreshing few information?

Regards,

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gaurav,

I'm looking into this for you, while I'm doing my research into it, would you be able to post screen shots of your calculations?

I want to make sure that I'm understanding this correctly:

You are creating a calculation in SAP HANA, and trying to LIVE connect to that database from Lumira, and the calculation is NOT refreshing in Lumira. Is that correct?

Screenshots would make this a lot easier to troubleshoot, if you would please add those.

Which build are you currently running?

-Bijan

former_member199691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bijan,

My issue is that if I am adding new fields in the calculation view of HANA Studio after using that view in Lumira, Lumira is not showing new fields added to the calculation view in HANA Studio.

If I create a new document in Lumira using the same Calculation View from HANA Studio, it shows all the fields.

I am using "Connect to HANA" option to create document in Lumira. All the calculations are fine, it is just new added fields are not being shown once the Lumira document is created. Everytime I add someing in the calculation view in HANA Studio, I have to create a new lumira document in order to use those.

I am Version 1.12.0, Build: 857.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gaurav,

I appreciate you responding, I understand what you are experiencing slightly better now, thank you.

I'm going to try to recreate this on my end.

Can you give me your system stats, and HANA application stats, please?

We appreciate your patience in this process!!! 🙂

-Bijan

former_member199691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bijan,

Here is the HANA Studio detail:

Version: 1.0.58

Build id: 201306130442 (378715)

what other details you need?

clarissa_dold
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

this is currently by design. Whatever your source data contains at the time you create a new document in Lumira will remain the master data source. Anything you add after that to your original source file is being ignored.

It is on the roadmap to enable this but so far you need to create new documents in Lumira every time the underlying data source is being enhanced.

Best Regards,

Clarissa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Clarissa,

I'm still in the process of working with HANA, and Lumira connectivity. I was under the impression that the connection between HANA and Lumira was a read-only LIVE connection.

So, as data was updated in the database it would somehow reflect in through Lumira (I wasn't sure how often the refreshes were, or how it worked, but I thought for sure it was 'live').

Is that not the case?

Bijan

clarissa_dold
Participant
0 Kudos

Bijan,

it is a live connection if you use HANA online. So if data is being updated or added this will be reflected in Lumira but if the underlying data source structure is being changed it is not. At least not at this point in time.

Best Regards,

Clarissa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Clarissa,

Thanks for the clarification.
Just to further my understanding of this, what would be considered a structural change? Extra columns? Extra rows?

Is there a document referencing the rules of Lumira and live data through HANA online (how often it is updated, if these can be changed, or any other information)?

Thanks for the help Clarissa!

Bijan

clarissa_dold
Participant
0 Kudos

Bijan,

correct, additional columns are a structural change of the data source. Check the User guide for more information. Documents are updated in Lumira either manually or via the Scheduler.

Regards,

Clarissa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Clarissa,

Thank you! I'm reading through the document now.

Bijan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gaurav,

Now its available in 1.16 launch. You can update the source file using Schedule Agent i.e. called as Lumira agent.

1. Check the box in File -> Preferences

2. Right click on the lumira button on the task bar

3. Do to documents tab and set the schedule timings

Regards,

Anand

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm confused by your reply, because SP16 has not been release to the public.

if you are currently evaluating an internal build, then please be reminded that 'customer validation' operates under a non-disclosure testing agreement.

regards,
H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Apologies!

I assumed that option is already in the version which is available in the market

Regards,

Anand

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sure, the scheduling agent has been around for several SP.  Indeed, this thread dates back 6 months+

but i'm not sure why SP16 was mentionned here, that's all!

Former Member
0 Kudos

After the recent test, 16 was in my mind. So, it popped up on the fly

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ah yes, Ashish did run a partner testing feedback session recently.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right I had wonderful time during the session

former_member185165
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Please refer to the below thread.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3441527

Regards,

Vijay

former_member199691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I went over the thread but did not find any solution. Thread mainly talks about online and offline connection mode for HANA.

former_member199691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

gurus, any pointers?