cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in CBTA: UNABLE TO START CBTA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

CBTA is the new test automation tool  and I wish to explore the tool.

following are the SolMan system specifications:

1. SolMan SP 08
  2. TST - 300 component downloaded
  3. CBTA front end installed in my computer
  4. Necessary users (technical and business) created as per the Configuration Guide

I want to record a CBTA script. When I create a Test Script and Start recording, I get the following error:

Unable to start Recording. See log.

I have performed the steps for "UNABLE TO START SUT SESSION" and have referred to the document How To Fix Cbta Start Sut Session Error.pdf and I have implemented the following notes also but that has not helped me.

Please find the below log details for the Test Script recording error for VA01 Transaction code for your reference please.

ERROR   : Thread01 (MainThread) : Recorder.Recording.CheckPicker : Unable to open SAP Gui on system '/<Client Host Name>' and transaction VA01.

I have to perform a PoC in the client system and I need to resolve this error asap. Please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Kavita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We upgraded SolMan to 7.1 SP12 and installed the compatible TST component and CBTA Frontend, the latest versions of the CBTA components are better and we were able to resolve the issue.

Thanks all for the help !

Best Regards,

Kavita Meswani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavita,

Sorry for the late reply, I did not see this thread.

It may help people in the future, so I wrote a document explaining how to fix this kind of issues.

Please find the CBTA page on SCN here: http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/CBTA

And especially the doc explaining how to configure CBTA for SP0 and SP1 releases: https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-47653

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohar,

I tried to execute the Transaction clicking on Tcode VA01 and I can login to the managed system. Even when I click on 'LOGON' on the Test Configuration and/or Test Script, I can enter the managed system. This proves that the RFC is working fine.

Following log details:

CBTA DefaultDomain log :

ERROR   : Thread03 (MainThread) : Design.TestCreationWizard.TestCreationWizardRecordingStep : Unable to start the recording!

CBTA traces Log:

ERROR   : Thread03 (MainThread) : Recorder.Recording.CheckPicker : Unable to open SAP Gui on system '/M/<Host name>/S/3602/G/SPACE' and transaction VA01.

Manager : Leaving method <- Startup(

what could be the reason for this problem ?

Thanks and Regards,

Kavita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavita,

What is the CBTA version and patch level????

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mohar,

the CBTA frontend is of version CBTA30SP01.

TST component installed in SAP SolMan SP08 is TST- 300 level 0001 SAPKITLEG1.

Regards,

Kavita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavita,

You can update the CBTA patch level to 4. Please follow the instruction in note -

1771699 - CBTA 3.0 Release Documentation SP0.

Hope this will resolve your issue

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

The host name is mentioned and can be reached from the CBTA tool.

Thanks for the Suggesstion Kamil.

I have one more query:

When I am trying to create a CBTA Test Script, For Executable Type, I have selected option of Transaction 'BMTA'  and under Executable where we have to mention the Transaction Code(say for eg: VA01), I get the following error:

"Executable object BMTA/VA01 does not exist"

This error is obtained for any transaction that I choose. What could be the reason and what could be the solution to overcome this error ?

Please help !

Regards,

Kavita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavita,

Please refer if tarnsactions BMTA and VA01 weren't executed on Solution manager host

BR,

K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamil,

The Tcode VA01 is executed in the managed system

When I try to click on logon or if I click on Tcode VA01 from the Test Script, then I can successfully log into the ECC - managed system,

Thanks,

Kavita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kavita,

Last thought - did you implmenet notes?

1916562 - Manual Test Case WD - wrong RFC for test object ?

BR,

K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavita,

Maintain the t code VA01 in the business process documentation structure and save it. Then from there go to the test case tab and  select the CBTA script, provide a Name prefixed with Z and continue.... Now when you select transaction type as BMTA and press F4 in the transaction code field, you will get the t code VA01 and system will accept.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mohar. Your solution actually helped me to go one step ahead. Now the Transaction code is seen as Executable in both Test Configuration and assigned Test Script.

Still when I try to 'start CBTA' I am getting following error:

ERROR   : Thread06 (MainThread) : Recorder.Recording.CheckPicker : Unable to open SAP Gui on system '/H/<Host Name>' and transaction VA01.

Any suggestions !

Thanks and Regards,

Kavita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavita,

Can u give the detail log of the error.

One more thing you can check ask your basis consultant to check the RFC between solman and the R/3 server.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kavita,

ERROR   : Thread01 (MainThread) : Recorder.Recording.CheckPicker : Unable to open SAP Gui on system '/<Client Host Name>' and transaction VA01.

Check wether host name is maintained and can be reached from host where you try record a CBTA script.

BR,

K.

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your TST Level?

Did you check these?

1885936 - Collective Note CBTA: corrections on ST-TST 300 SP0

1885912 - Collective Note CBTA: corrections on ST-TST 300 SP1

Regards,

Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu,

Thank you for the quick response.

Both the mentioned notes cannot be implemented in the SolMan system.

The TST- 300 level 0001 SAPKITLEG1.

Regards,

Kavita.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Yes I have implemented both the SAP notes and performed the manual corrections mentioned in the SAP note 1836815.

any other suggestion !

Regards,

Kavita

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kavita,

Please let me know your ST-PI level as well.

These notes may help you.

1900003 - Using trusted RFC Destination in SDC not supported by CBTA

1884069 - SAP TAO 3.0-Error in SAPGui self check when using st-pi sp8

Also, help me with any logs in your CBTA Frontend System.

Regards,

Ragu