Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro ABAP Support Project Flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Hope you are all having a great day!

Can you please explain me the Webdynpro ABAP Support/Maintenance project flow and issues.

What are the real time issues which are faced regularly? and how the support project flow takes place in real time projects.

I'm new to WD4A, please explain me some real time support project issues, tips and tricks and how the enduser raises the tickets.

Thanks a lot,

with regards,

Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

In Support/Maintenance projects, generally  1) Changing the layout ( Removing/Adding New UI Elements).

2) Changing the Standard Functionality.

Initially you have to know what is the component name, view name,application name or configuration id by right click on browser page and select more field help.

To do layout changes/Functionality changes, go to that component and view.

you have to create Enhancement Implimentation( By Clicking on Sprial symbol).

and to remove ui elements from layout --> in RootUIelement container right click on Required ui element and select delete.

to add new ui elements--> in RootUIelement container right click and insert ui element .

here you can create new views, windows,attributes, methods and context nodes.

its better to not add attributes to existing nodes instead create new nodes.

to Change functionality.

When you create Enhancement Implimentation,in the methods tab you can find Pre Exit, Post Exit and Overwritten Exit for the methods available.

So as per your requirement you write functionality in those methods.

The execution flow is Pre exit--> Standard Method/ Overwrittn method--> Post Exit.

In these methods no need to create parameters again it will use standard method parameters.

Regards,

Paul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your explanation, this information is so nice. I'm still looking for the real time scenarios like how the developers will get the tickets from end users and generally what is the time period of this maintenance/support project once the project is on live.

I also have heard that "HTTP 4XX and 5XX" issues which the end users always complain about. Can you explain to me please,

Once again thanks a lot for your answer, it is really helped me.

with regards,

Kumar.