cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Catalogs to Product Category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sap Gurus,

I have an requirement to change the product category of a particular catalog to an other product category (based on G/L Account).

Can someone tell me how and where i can change the product category of a catalog based on G/L account.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member216093
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

You can do it using BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER BADI. I am here giving you end to end process flow and customisations needed.

In this case, create a Z table mapping all UNSPSC categories (available in catalogs) to client specific product categories available within SRM system which are further mapped against GLs in table BBP_DET_ACCOUNT. You can use all categories (local & replicated) for this mapping.

Once this table is complete, implement BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER BADI. This will be called when user is creating the shopping cart using vendor catalog (or punchout) and with the help of this table you can change the vendor's UNSPSC category into client specific product category.

Don't forget to create transaction for this Z table so that business can maintain this Z table going further. Also, business can just give vendors the UNSPSC version they are using currently so that vendor send the catalog with that version.

Note: Please don't forget to award points as appropriate.

Regards,

Ravi

robin_janke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

the product category will be an attribute of the item that is taken over from the catalogue. G/L account is normally derived from that (so it works just the other way around), G/L account determination is done via SPRO.

The requirement sounds a little strange to me though.

There are a couple solutions to look at:

1. Change the product category in the catalog item (for an internal catalogue)

2. Change the product category according to a Ztable (CatalogID, G/L account, ProdCat from Cat, New ProdCat) using the BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER badi and the item data table there.

Regards,

Robin