cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Bundling Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All.

I am looking for a way to configure SD module to process order for bundled materials (example:  Printer with extra accessory).  I would also like to do this without making customizations, so using standard configuration if possible.  Can anyone provide guidance? 

Requirements

1. Configure a selling SKU within SAP.  When the selling SKU is entered into an order, two separate component SKUs must be auto populated in the order
  2. The selling SKU will contain a selling price and a cost.  The component SKUs will contain a cost only.
  3. The selling SKU cost should be derived from the cost of the components.
  4. When the order is converted to a delivery, SAP must include the component SKUs on the delivery.  The selling SKU should not be included in the delivery. 
  5. The delivery will drop to the warehouse via the standard interface process.
  6. The selling SKU and each component SKU will be set-up with separate barcodes within the WMS and SAP.  (Example Selling SKU barcode -  001123; Component 1 barcode – 001124; Component 2 barcode – 001125)
  7. Inventory will be stored at the component SKU level.
  8. The selling SKU is a non-stock item.
  9. Sales will be reported based on the selling SKU.
  10. BIC will place PO’s to the factory for the component SKUs. 
  11. Shipping location will receive the components into inventory.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amit_tunara
Active Contributor

Hi Kelly,

Standard SAP has a concept of Bill of Material (BOM). Using transaction CS01 you can create the bundle article where you can define the component with their quantities.

When define the BOM, in the main screen there is a field BOM usage where you need to indicate that this BOM is for Sales and Distribution (5).

With this, when main article is entered in Sales order, it will automatically exploded in Order with component and the same will appear in delivery.

If the system is SAP IS Retail, there is a concept of Sales Set to create bundled article.

I hope this will help your to start with.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

What if you could mix and match produces to get a certain price?

Surely you cant put all possible skus into a BOM??