cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backend table

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is  SAP backend tables and structures?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kishorp
Participant
0 Kudos

In simple functional terms Backend tables are the tables which SAP has provided to store various data records that an end user feeds into the SAP system.

There are different tables provided based on the use. Namely there master data tables and transactional data tables.

For example: When you have created a cusotmer master data , this data that you have entered is stored in a specific table and the same table is used by the system to retrieve the data whenever required.In sales order processing you might require the customer master data, so the sytem fetches the data from these tables.

These tables will have a standard name provided by SAP. Some of the useful table names for an SAP SD  consultant could be found in the links provided by Suman in the above comment.

Structures are nothing but combination of more than two standard tables for reporting purpose.

So the data in more than one tables could be accessed and used for analysis & reporting purpose.

A table has numberous fields. In order view the fields and contents of a table you need to go to Tcode SE16N and enter the desired table name and execute.

Thanks,

Kishor  

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou Kishor

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruhana,

This is very basic question.Please read the Rules of Engagement.

Search the Google it is already so many times discussed.

Hope you got my point.

Thanks,

Suman$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why i need to read Rules and Engagement. I already search it in a Google before i write my any  question here if i not understand there then i use this blog. If this one is a basic question then why didnt you answer it.

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are several threads already discussed about the matter.Please find the same below.

Do not take my word as a negetive way, we have to stick to the SCN Rules.

If my word hurts you, I am really sorry for that.

If you have any specific question do post it here.

Thanks,

Suman$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman

I am new in this SAP world just complete my SD training. I saw one job requirement they need SAP backend table and structures. Thanks for your link or thread i got my answer.

ThankYou