cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of SPC characters in MIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I created an MIC with SPC characteristic selected along with Sample procedure. In inspection plan while assigning the particular MIC I entered the sample procedure as Fixed Sample with SPC criteria. Then proceeded to results recording and recorded results against the particular MIC. Then using QGC1 tried to run control for the same. I am able to see only the first inspection lot and not all inspection lot for the given date range.

Even for the one inspection lot which appeared, I selected only one characteristic at a time and clicked on Call control chart, a chart without graphical representation of the values appeared. Kindly someone let me know whether I am doing anything wrong or missing any part. All your replies for resolving my query are highly appreciated.

Regards

V. Srinivasa Ranganath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member235613
Participant
0 Kudos

If you change a MIC's sampling procedure on 10/31 to one with SPC enabled, any inspection lots created before 10/31 will not have their results shown on the chart.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

After changing MIC's sample procedure created a new inspection lot and checked for charts. But charts are coming for only one inspection lot and for inspection lot over period of time or for multiple inspection lots. I want to see charts for the MIC used in multiple inspection lot.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What was the SPC criterion you used?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

SPC Criterion used was "Master Inspection Characteristic". I also tried with "Task list characteristic/material". In spite of using both the criterion, in QGC1, only an empty graph was displayed.

Note: When creating sample procedure for SPC characteristics, did the below mentioned things

1. Selected sampling type as "Fixed sample"

2. Selected Valuation mode as "SPC Inspection"

3. Without inspection points and indicator as "Use in Insp. plan"

4. Control chart type as "Acceptance chart x-bar"

former_member235613
Participant
0 Kudos

Are your inspection lots created after the SPC MIC was put in the inspection plan? It won't chart results for that MIC from before the MIC was assigned an SPC sampling procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Can you elaborate on what your trying to say as I could not understand the essence of your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone reply or suggest solution for use of SPC characters in MIC.