cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy activities for IR,ID,SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are making a SAP PI copy of the existing system.

Can you please let me know which activities or the components need to ce copied for doing this for

1.Server Set up

2.SLD

3.IR

4.ID

5.RWB(if needed)

Please guide me.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

why do you need a copy?

Generally, I would recommend to use transports in PI. So install or copy and setup your new system, transport all ESR content manually, configure transport routes in SLD to the new system and transport ID, too. SLD you'll probably manage centrally, anyway, so you'll have to do that manually, too. Copying doesn't make much sense, since you probably reuse the same Products and SWC and since you'll have to create everything related to your new system manually, anyway.

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorg,

Thanks for the valuable inputs.

The requirement is this way,that is the reason why we are doing it.

Can you please let me know which activities or the components need to ce copied for doing this for

1.Server Set up

2.SLD

3.IR

4.ID

5.RWB(if needed)

Thanks in advance

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Jörg and Rajesh have rightly mentioned that system copy is not the best practice to follow.

However, if a system copy is the only solution, here is the response.

1.Server Set up

yes with changes to the host names, RFC destinations (based on connecting systems)

2.SLD

this depends upon your landscape whether you have central/child SLD or independant SLDs.

If central SLD, changes should be done there and child SLDs synchronized. If independant, you can create objects manually or export/import can be done

3.IR

yes... ID objects to follow.

4.ID

IR objects to be imported first.

5.RWB(if needed)

Dont think it makes sense.

No point copying the messages which have already passed through a system.

Hope it answers your question.

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it will be appropriate if you can provide the more details behind the copy as the solution varies based on requirement ...

However assuming if its a replication of client setup at your premise...

all you need to copy the SLD, ESR & ID content via export import...

if you have different business systems in your SLD for the same content still you can export and import however the business systems need to be setup in order for a successful import in ID..

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the inputs.

I want to know which components in IR,ID,SLD are needed to be transported or are transportable?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As said this varies based on requirement...

SLD - Transportable are Product& Software Component, Technical & Business systems

IR - SCWV

ID - Configuration Scenario objects.

Note the objects can be exported and can be imported directly or transport route can be used...

Also sequence is important - first SLD, IR, ID..

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally, all of them. Transport SWCV from ESR and Configuration Scenarios from ID. If you worked properly on that system before you should have all required objects in your transports this way. Especially in ID you could have objects not assigned to a Configuration Scenario. If you're not sure you can just select all objects manually and add them to one big transport.

Regards,

Jörg