cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soap to SAP(RFC or Proxy)

0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

My client has an requirement.

FXML and FXCSV services provide daily average currency exchange information in XML or CSV formats and are easy to use and setup as an automatic procedure to obtain the rates directly from our exchange servers for your SAP/ERP systems. Once you subscribe to one of the services, you will be able to access the service via the Internet using the HTTP protocol to send requests and receive responses in XML or CSV formats that contain a list of currencies, dates and the appropriate exchange rates. With FXML or FXCSV, you can obtain one-to-one, one-to-many and many-to-many exchange rate tables of over 164 currencies for any date since 1990 for $2,400/year.

Unfortunately we do not support the process of integrating with third party software however you are welcome to test FXML and/or FXCSV to help with the integration process. To start testing either of the services, you may use the following test client identification: 'oandatest' (without the quotes).

So i have followed some sample HTTP requests.  With this client ID, we will be able to  send HTTP requests and receive responses, however, the exchange rates returned will be for one day in the history only.

Request to check the feasibility of getting the data fetch from 3rd party system, storing it and converting it to the required SAP format.

Actually my client has asked to check with PI possible or not?

FXML service is accessed using a POST1 to a particular URL with a single request key named

“fxmlrequest”.

So i am in a confusion that PI will support this requirement or not?

what is the best approach to achieve this interface?

is this Soap to HTTP?

Soap to RFC?

Help needful.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

If a standard RFC is available, do SOAP to RFC else you can do either SOAP to custom RFC or SOAP to proxy. There should be no constraint since I think the payload volume is not huge.

cheers,

Ambrish

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

You can look at follwoing blog also that may help:

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/01/05/michals-pi-tips-exchange-rates-fr...

regards

gAGan

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try soap to RFC.  Use soap adapter as simple  http adapter and click do not use envelope option.