cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error : Authentication failed logon with password not allowed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My administrator is unable to login into the IDM UI . It is throwing error : Authentication failed logon with password not allowed.

It was able to login some time back and also my other users are able to login but not Administrator.

Any thoughts on how to resolve the issue.

Also, please tell how to create new administrator in Idm UI

Regards,

Shanky Agrawal

Message was edited by: Shanky Agrawal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Shanky,

you go to the user admnistration UI of the AS Java on which the IdM UI is deployed(http://host:port/useradmin) and change the user to enable password logon. BTW: This is not really IdM related unless IdM has disabled the password logon for the user.

To create a new administrator you also go to useradmin of the AS Java and create the user there. Don't forget to give him the necessary authorizations on AS Java as well (e.g. idm.authenticated).

You can also make use of IdM to do that

Regards

Norman

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

keith_zhang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry,

Have not refreshed the page before I wrote the reply, so seems I repeated Norman's suggestions again...But to check this user from Java system, you should need another user to login.

BR, Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanky,

I think you have to make change in table of AS JAVA. But I do not know in which table.

Can anyone know where the change can be made so that 'Administrator' user can start login with password?

Regards,

Dhiman Paul.

keith_zhang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shanky,

The authentication to IDM web UI is actually done by the AS Java system, so please check with your AS Java system admin from UME for this user.

For creating a new admin user, if this AS Java system is also managed by this IDM, you should can create it by assigning the account privilege for this Java system repository and also the relevant other authorizations(so to use SAP provisioning framework). While if it is not connected to IDM, you may follow section "Adding user to the identity store" of the web UI installation guide to create it.

BR, Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Norman,

How will I login to (http://host:port/useradmin) as my Administrator Login is not working.

Is there any other way to login/ sort the issue?

Regards,

Shanky

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to edit the Java config tool to allow 'superuser' or 'superadmin' mode to work and you set a password for the account there also, restart the java stack and use the recovery account to reach UME and reset the Administrator password.

I would also ensure to set the account to be a Technical user to prevent password changes from occurring on the account.

And when you are done, don't forget to go back and change the settings back to disabled on the config tool and restart your java stack.

Additional info:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/To+Reset+Administrator+Password+through+Config+Tool