Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

receive end of maintenance data from SAP

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I was wondering if there's a way to receive the "end of maintenance" information for a given product version (e.g. via PPMS key) directly from SAP CSN via a function module or method as it is available in the EarlyWatch Alerts.

Any hints?

Regards,

Richard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just found the solution after playing a bit with the session development workbench... it's function SMSY_GET_PRODVERS_MAINT_ENDS 😃

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to your answer: ES Report Extractor for Maintenance Status.

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Richard, i check that function and take the information from tables SMSY_PROD_VERS_T and SMSY_PV_MAINTEND, i search end of maintenance of a solman 701 and in the table i can see the correct date.

Anyone know the name of the report / job that update that information from marketplace ?

Regards,

Luis

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Richard,

I don't find that information on current release of solution manager.

you can do something similar following that with the information from PAM and Solman.

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2013/08/08/compare-solman-produ...

regards,

luis

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Luis, thanks for that I will go through it...

anyway, as the information is available in ewa somehow I thought it must either be stored in some tables or downloaded... tried to debug SAPLDSVAS_PROC to see from where the information comes during the ewa session initialization .. but so far no success =(

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

uff, i try to debug ewa data load but it taks always a long time, and i never end to know where is data stored.

data has to be stored in BW but sure that is hided / encrypted.

tell me something if you get it , i don't need pam data but could be interesting to get other information from ewa.

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

I once had the requirement that a specific information of an ewa check should be extracted for different ewa sessions. First you need to know the outline data; that's session type, session package, check group, checkID, context and instance, e.g:

-    session type = EA

-    package = EW_ALERT

-    check group = EA_DB_MSS

-    checkID = 00029

-    context = DATABASE

-    instance = systemID like B13

You can get these data from the technical information within a ewa session in tcode DSA.

To get the stored data, this way may be working - I've never fully tested it..

1) get the session numbers via function DSVAS_ADMIN_SESSIONLIST_GET

o    input: PF_DBID = systemID, PF_BUNDLE_ID = EW_ALERT

o    result: internal table PT_SESSADMIN with administration data such as thesession number

2) get the check content from DSVASRESULTSGEN via select or function

DSVAS_ADMIN_SESSION_READ

o    Input:

SESSITYPE = EA

SESSNO = PT_SESSADMIN- SESSNO

VERSNR = 00049

GRP = EA_DB_MSS

ID = 00029

CON = DATABASE

INS = systemID (PT_SESSADMIN- DBI)

o    result: CLUSTR and CLUSTD

The content is stored in LRAW format with a length of 2886, so it must be converted into a readable format e.g. via class CL_ABAP_CONV_IN_CE..

Anyway, back2topic I would like to have this information displayed in our customer master data application (we are running the VAR scenario).

Regards, Richard