Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation not possible; Message No FITV_POWL034

PRASANTH_GOP9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When the user is trying to display an expense report from ESS portal, he is ending up in an error.

Please check the attached screen shots.

User has got all the roles properly assigned to his ID.

Please give your valuable suggestions on this issue.

Thanks,

Prashanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PRASANTH_GOP9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sigi/Sally,

Thanks for your response....

Note 1781512 is already applied in our system.

We are able to replicate this issue in our test system. I have added the role SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_WDA_1, as HCM_ESS_WDA_1 is active.

But even still we are getting the same error...

Are there any other roles we need to check...???

Thanks in Advance.

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

the error message says "by activating" the business function. How you activate the business function? Whith which user? Maybe here you had not sufficient permissions?

Best would be to trace the persmissions. Then you will see what is missing.

Or you also can do a fix technical test. Just test the webdynpro via SE80 transaction.

Best regards,

Sigi

PRASANTH_GOP9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sigi,

We are not getting the issue in DEV system. We are facing the issue in quality and production systems.

Also we checked the portal roles and back end roles. Roles were same in dev and Quality systems.

Web Dynpro application is working fine and I am able to display the expense report from SE80.

I have also checked all back end config. Both the systems have same config.

Can there be an issue from portal config perspective?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks,

Prashanth

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

In my opinion an issue from a portal config perspective is only thinkable if you changed the Launchpad Navigation from WDA to OBN, which wouldn't really make much sense...

In addition to the possible reasons for the error that have already been posted by Siegfried and Sally, it will also not work out-of-the-box in case you copied the Launchpad, since the navigational context is hard coded for ESS Instance MENU.

Leaving all the presumptions aside though, tracing down the root cause is pretty easy actually, the navigation within the FI-TV WDAs is controlled via the Class CL_FITV_NAVIGATION. In your quality system, where the issue persist, in case I understood correctly, debug Method NAVIGATE_TO_OBJECT to actually see what's going wrong.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

I guess the problem comes from the portal if roles of the user are identically.

But for the portal I do not know so much what could be the problem here.

Have you checked the customizing for portal navigation?

Best regards,

Sigi

PRASANTH_GOP9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

We debugged the class CL_FITV_NAVIGATION and noticed a parameter mismatch in LPD_CUST launch pad customising..

The Application Alias field is updated with a space in between Display and Form.We deleted this space and now the expense report is displayed perfectly.

Really Appreciate your help.

Sally/Sigi -- I thank you too in helping me to resolve this issue. Your effort is much appreciated.

Regards,

Prashanth

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Thanks for the kind feedback and explaining what went wrong and why

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

I am facing the same error when I activated the business function HCM_ESS_WDA_1 on our ESS Travel & Expense on Homepage Framework. The solution suggest that we have to abandon Homepage Framework and use LPD_CUST. I checked my LPD_CUST for ESS/MENU and see no folders or entries for Travel and Expenses. How do I build it from scratch ? After that, I need to create a new application configuration linking to the LPD_CUST role/instance and grant the role SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_WDA_1 to make it work ?

Hope you can enlighten me.

Thank you and regards,

Kir Chern

0 Kudos

Hi Kir Chen

There is a workaround for this (menu not appearing) in note 1873465

Hope it helps

Sally

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

this error is not so much related to travel management.

It is caused on missing role of business function HCM_ESS_WDA_1

So check roles for this functions and assign it to the user.

If this is not working try to access travel service via SE80 (test mode of webdynpro)

But I'm almost sure that the user is missing a porta role.

Best regards,

Sigi

0 Kudos

Yep, I think Sigi already called it correctly on this but just to add the role if you have HCM_ESS_WDA_1 active, it should be  SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_WDA_1.

Also make sure you have note 1781512 applied too

Good luck with it.

Sally