cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using OTR from different package.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am Enhancing SAP WD. I am trying to bind OTR.

When I open the text selection window it only shows PAOC_RFC_WD_UI and SORT_VOCABULARY_BASIC.

How can I use otr I created in a Z package in standard WB?

ThanX

Yotam.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yotam,

Instead of using the F4 button to select an OTR text, just manually enter the OTR name directly in the property field. The format is $OTR:PACKAGE/ALIAS, for example,

Property
text       $OTR:ZMY_PACKAGE/MY_ALIAS

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

When I enter manually it shows en error message - "the package in the alias name does not correspond to current package PAOC_RFC_WD_UI"

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yotam,

Use transaction SOTR_EDIT to create a new z-alias in the package PAOC_RFC_WD_UI, then you will be able to use the alias in your web dynpro. For example...

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create OTR and place in Zpackage

Create Enhancement implimentation for standard component and assign the OTR texts as follows.

1. for static UI elements texts -> click on f4 of text property of that UI element and select your otr texts from zpackage( To find use filter).

2. to provide texts dynamically through coding ---> use GET_OTR_TEXTS_BY_ALIAS  Method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

1. As above - (error popup)

2. It will work fine but I prefer no doing it with code.

aferngas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

http://scn.sap.com/blogs/Santanudebnath/2013/01/13/how-to-create-an-otr-text-and-search-an-otr-text-...

Alias format => (PACKAGE NAME)/(TEXT ALIAS)

If you enter an alias with this format you'll identify the package and automatically it will add to the binding screen.

Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I try to explicitly call different package it popup error message:

"the package in the alias name does not correspond to current package PAOC_RFC_WD_UI"

aferngas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In this case you should use SOTR_EDIT transaction to create the text and use it in your WDA using the binding syntax $OTR:(Package)/(Alias). But it will not displayed at matchcode.