cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

I have requirement on material determination. Materials will be active for material determination, but if stock is exist for material , determination will not happen and will pick the stock material, if stock is not available it should go for material determination.

For ex:

Material M1 is replaced by M2, but M1 has got stock and system should pick M1 only not M2.

Any advice it can be done through standard SAP functionality or Do we need to develop Z ?

BR

LEE

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

How system would understand that for this material the stock is there or not. SAP system will perform in such a way what you have done the configuration.

According to me i think you should go for some Z-Enahcement for the same. Because as you know that Material Determination will work on Validity Date. So here no stock related function is there.

But if you know that on this date the stock will over then you can use simple Material Determination Configuration for your requirement, Otherwise go for some Z- Enhancement.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Kundan

former_member191939
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

Just make the condition record in transaction code VB11.

Choose Material determination type "A001".

In the Fast entry screen enter your validity period.

In the condition record put the "Substitution reason 004". It is called 'Automatic" or "as per availability".

Put your main material "M1" and in the Material entered column enter your first substitute material, then click on "alternative material" button.

Now enter your substitute materials in the right sequence

1. M2

2. M3(If Any)

Now when "M1" is entered in the sales order , automatically system will replace it with "M2" and it will substitute till "M2" is available. Once "M2" is finished then only it will start substituting "M 3" in place of "M1".

Hope this Helps You Out.

Regards,

Eugene