cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDM 7.2 - Role based request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have implemented self service for role based add-on access. I have used guided task "Assignment Request". But user can submit a request even for an existing role. System should not allow user to submit if the requested role is already assigned to him/her.

Any thought how this can be implemented?

Regards,

Dhiman Paul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think there's any easy way you can do it (although you can try some amazing rights on the task - only applys to roles which are not in MXREF_MX_ROLE).  The other way - write a java class to do validation.  Not sure if you can add that to a guided task though.

Peter

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am doing role based privilege assignment to employee. My target system is GRC and GRC privileges are assign to a role as member, which in turn assigned to user. My GRC provisioning framework is automatically triggered for this when I am assigning a role with GRC privilege. I also have one level of approval mapped with Role. When I am assigning role to a user with approval my GRC task is throwing error saying role does not have "First name". It means task is treating role mskeyvalue as user mskey value. But when I am directly assigning GRC privileges with one level approval then this is not an issue.

Any idea how I can resolve this issue?

Regards,

Dhiman Paul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible that my Approval task is modifying the User's MSKEYVALUE by Role's MSKEYVALUE? If yes then what could go wrong in my approval task which is replacing USER MSKEYVALUE by Role.

Thanks,

Dhiman Paul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I have used guided task. It does not show us any query. Any idea?

Thanks,

Dhiman Paul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhiman,

You can try to check the query used for that attribute which shows all roles.

If you adapt the query which does not show already assigned roles to the user then I think it should not already assigned roles.

Regards

Pradeep Singh Rawat