cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Tab in a Control - SAP GRC 10.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Could anyone explain the purpose of the field "Allow Referencing" in General Tab of a Local Control.

Regards,

Ramakrishna Chaitanya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor

HI Ramakrishna

According to training material,

you select this if you wish the control to be available to other subprocesses.

joseromero
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Could you please indicate in a detailed way how to use the control in other subprocess?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose Luis Romero,

Allow referencing is used, if you wish to use the control to be available to other subprocess (to mitigate the risk that is identified against a sub process)

An example of referencing a control would be when AR and AP sub processes reference a control put in place by treasury covering Bank Reconciliation.

Regards,

Ramakrishna Chaitanya

joseromero
Explorer
0 Kudos

Many thanks Ramakirshna,

Could you please refer me to any guide where or explain me the how to use the control in different sub-processes ?

I'm using SAP GRC PC 10.0 and I have defined the control as allow referencing control but I can´t see any button or place to associate this control to other sub-process.

Many thanks in advance

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose Luis Romero,

When you see the local sub process - in Risk tab, we have an option to assign control against the risk.

Normally in the pop up we get only those controls that are available under that sub process.

But, when we tick the option "Allow referencing" in a control(any control from different sub process), the same will be available to assign(to mitigate) against a risk in sub processes also.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ramakrishna Chaitanya

joseromero
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot it`s working fine now.

But the referenced control is only shown for the first organization, not in the organization which refers the control.

How it could be shown in the reports?

Answers (0)