cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment costing to different G/L accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In our business scenario we need to post G/L account as per our condition types but in SAP shipment cost we can only based on item category and valuation class.

Can we have different sets of G/L based on condition type as in Sales invoicing?

Kindly propose a standard solution on this.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Pavan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we need to post G/L account as per our condition types

Can you please explain with an example how you expect system to behave ?  I dont think any issue in assigning the required G/L Account to item category as one condition type can have en number of item categories.

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In Sales invoices we assign GLs in VKOA where we use condition technique which is customizable. You know I always think condition technique is very flexible feature and it is beauty of SAP.

In shipment we create freight PO and then MIRO and this GLs assignment is done in OBYC where we have limitations. I don't think so we can assign GLs as per condition type.

For better understanding could you please explain your process. In standard process we create Shipment Document > Shipment Cost Document > Freight PO > Service Entry Sheet (Automatic) > MIRO. Are you following the same process and at what step or document you post shipment cost to GL?

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and reaffirming our thought, we do follow the same process.

Regards,

Pavan.