cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting user from creating Sales Order w/o item/s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai everybody

I am creating one sales order but i didn't maintain any line items in VA01 but system accepting me to save the document ?

I would like to know how to restrict this

Message subject was edited by Moderator.

Don't put whole question/query as subject. Please use precise & effective subject line to represent your discussion.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is standard behavior and why would you like to give some error message or restrict this? If a user saves order without any line item how would he take benefit out of it? He can't deliver it, he can't bill it. And I am surprised why would a user do these kind of things

Sometime we need to convince client to educate there users instead of putting Z coding and error messages everywhere in SAP. This is what I feel and suggest and if you want to give error then userexit and program has already been shared.

Thank$

former_member219259
Participant
0 Kudos

Rightly said MoazzaM...

Regards,

Aayush Jain
SAP SD Consultant

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geetha,

You can assign an incompletion procedure to sales order at item level and set warning for Item, net value etc. Then user will have to enter item & pricing before saving sales order.

former_member219259
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karuna,

I think that incompletion procedure is already inplace at item level.

But that item level incompletion procedure will not be activated unless and untill we have some item present in the sales order.

what are your views on this?

Regards,

Aayush Jain
SAP SD Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're right Aayush, we can have  a warning for other parameters if material is already present!

former_member219259
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Geetha,

SAP has no standard functionality to raise an error message if no line items are there.

However you can achieve this via using user exit and ABAP coding.

There has to be a logic written in the User Exit MV45AFZZ

PERFORM USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE to check the line item just before saving the document and raise an error message.

Regards,

Aayush Jain
SAP SD Consultant