Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory balance through qty. adjustment in QAC1

former_member221124
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a query. Lets say a GR is done from production for qty. 10 EA. Inspection lot qty would also be 10 EA. Now if the qty is modified to 12 EA or 8 EA, stock also updates for this batch as per the modified qty. This can also be seen in MMBE stock.  I need to know how the system balance this qty? For addition or subtraction, 101 and 102 movements are posted.

e.g Input batch qty is 11 EA, Scrap qty is 1 EA= Out batch of 10 EA.  Now after adjusting it to 12 EA, quantities for Input batch or scrap does not change.

How does system allow this quantity adjustment? Pl revert if any further info is required.

Regards,

D Mohanty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It won't make any adjustments to the best of my knowledge.  Those calculations are done when you create the inspection lot and add quantity via confirmations from the order.

QAC1 is not meant to be used as part of any daily processes.  It is to be used for making corrections, primarily for inventory adjustments when doing physical inventory and the stock being inventoried is in QI.

Errors from postings should be corrected via the original document, i.e. the process order.

Craig

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the nice explanation!!

Yes, this is true that QAC1 is not meant to be used on regular basis but still, lets say, I do it once in blue moon and I increase the Inspection lot qty by 5 MT. Now in SAP, output batch stock is also increased by 5 MT without any change in quantities of Input batch or scrap or by products etc.

SAP generates a material document for each action and keeps a record for every movement/process involved. So how the system allows this adjustment.

I mean there has to be something.

regards,

ntn

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There should be a material document created for the material/batch.  It is basically a write on of stock to QI.  It's like writing on stock the first time to a new system.

But it won't make any other adjustments for scrap, by products, etc..  

Craig

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mohanty,

Interesting query!!

Did you get the reason? I'm following this thread.

Regards

ntn