cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polling of Files at Sender communication channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am a scenario to pick the files at regular interval of 30 minutes from 7 to 23 hours every day. To configure this requirement , I can do it from sender communication channel by entering the polling interval entry and scheduling in NWA.

Now I am little confused about the configuration of Availability planning of communication channel in NWA. I created and saved the scheduled time

but could not view the planned schedule.

Regards.....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca

Can you please try to do that from runtime workbench and see if it works or not

You have to go to communication channel monitoring, then availablity planing tab.

Also once you set the availalblity, please select the channel and click on the option 'automatic control'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

Would this ATP settings over ride the sender Cc channel settings and would we be able to schedule for 30 min interval?

I didn't find the option for 30 mins.....

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca

Your communication channel will be polling from 07 AM to to 23 PM. So schedule in following way

1. At 7 am it will be on and 23 pm it will be off and occurence will be daliy.

Keep poll interval 30 mins in the communication channel. It will work in the below manner

every day the channel will be activate at 7AM. It will pick up the required files.again after 30 mins the adapter will poll again and pick up the files and finally at 23 PM the channel will be stopped. On the next day same thing will happen.

Hope now its clear to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

Let me try as u suggested and I also thought the same way... but got confused when I read that the ATP would over ride the Cc settings..

Great........ Awarded...

Regards..

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

I would suggest you run a test and confirm to the forum. It would help the forum members.

Thanks

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

Your suggestion is working.. I set the ATP for each channel daily and at the same time , set the polling interval for 1800 secs in sender communication channel.

Thanks..!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

I'm facing the same issue and ATP is not wokring along with poll interval set in comm channel.

I have three sender communication channels and I need all these three communication channels to pick files at a gap of 5 mins.

comm channel1: 10 am.

comm channel2: 10:05 a.m.

comm channel3: 10:10 a.m

This cycle should repeat after every hour.

Files got picked up and processed for one time through ATP. But it's not repeating and I have set the polling interval to 120 seconds in comm channel.

If you have solution for this then please let me know.
my discussion thread on same issue: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3487204

Thanks,

Indu Khurana.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rebecca,

make sure you enter the data in the correct format. Fractions of hours may not be permitted. I had this problem, the system told me the data was saved, but in fact it hadn't. After entering full hours it suddenly worked.

Regards,

Jörg

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using ATP, it will override the comm channel poll interval...  You can view the setting as Indrajit suggested.

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

As Jorg pointed that the fraction of hours wont work in ATP and in my requirement I have to poll the files with every 30 mins i.e. 1/2 hour and that from 7 am to 11 pm.

I feel that I should avoid the ATP and configure the poll interval in Sender File Cc..

as ATP would over ride the sender Cc settings.

Regards......

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

After selecting the channel go to schedule TAB you can the schedule timing.

Also you can use the old NWA url to get clear details.

Reards,

Manigandan