cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dev system does not prompt me for transport request after changing FM

Former Member

In passed time whenever I saved changes in FM system prompted me for transport request ( if it wasn't created before ). I don't know what happend, but now system does not prompt me for transport request even I create a new one FM. Can someone advice me what is wrong ?. I use also adobe forms and if I save the changes of the form, prompt is normally shown. Please, I don't need advice of the type like that I have to contact the basis team, cause I am the basis team. So I need to know how to make system changes to prompt always after changes of any FM are made.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see whether you have another transport already open with the same object included ( in this case same function module)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

That was first I did. All transports are transfered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First thing check the scc4 settings .

Changes and transport client specific changes.

Thanks

Rishi  abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

SCC4 setting is:

Changes and transports for client-specific objects : Automatic recording of changes

Cross-client object changes : Changes to repository and cross-client customizing allowed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Settings look ok.

There for please search by the following steps:

- SE03 - Search for Objects in Requests/Tasks

- mark a free line

- enter R3TR FORM <NAME OF THE OBJECT>

- mark option 'Also Search for Subobjects (not for generic entry)'

- mark status 'modifiable'

- execute (F8)

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe you didn't understand me well. There is no modifiable transport request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excuse me. There was an old request with blocked objects. After I deleted it, everzthing is OK. Thank you. It's solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I knew that as you wrote it earlier but sap system cant behave like that. If the setting are correct then this means that there is already some transport holding it.

So the only way to find is se03 .

What happens when you ask some other developer to touch it.

Thanks

Rishi abrol

0 Kudos

if the previous transport request is already transported/released to another system ,then next time onwards when you do the modifications for the function module then dev system will prompt for the request.

Answers (0)