cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Generation for Message type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I have developed simple message type for response of web service.

But XML generated for this message type does not have <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

Could you please help me to get this.

Thanking you ,

Regards,

Satya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Click source icon in the test tab of message mapping. You will see this... You might want to create the response as XSD file and import it as external definition for the message type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Baskar,

I am very new to Web service and infact this is my first webservice development.

I am developing Web Service in PI environment. I have designed message type with two simple elements for Response. .NET frame work which is waiting for this response expecting above syntax.

Please let me know if you need further details.

Thanking you,

Regards,

Satya

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you done mapping ...?  If so, go to test icon in the mapping step and click source and you will see the entire xml of your source or target message.  Please check whether you see that first line syntax there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar ,

Thanks . I am really new here. Could you please tell me , where can I find mapping step.

Regards,

Satya

praveen_sutra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Satya,

could you please tell us what are you trying to do exactly.

Means what is the scenario are you working or what is the result are you expecting.

there are many threads that can help you to perform step by step configuration of scenarios

like one mentioned below. so request you to clearly tell us the scenario you want.

http://scn.sap.com/people/luis.melgar/blog/2008/05/13/synchronous-soap-to-jdbc--end-to-end-walkthrou...

thanks and regards,

Praveen T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen ,

I have developed a web service , with interface which has Request and Response.

In .NET this web service is being consumed. .NET people will start web service from their end and this will perform some business operations in SAP.

After that SAP has to send results of their operations in form of Response.

Once Response reaches .NET , they are trying to read this XML .

They are expecting first line in XML as follows <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

which is not there in response.   .NET can not read this XML

Now I want to include this statement  in XML response , so that .NET can read this with out any problem.

If you further info please let me know.

Thanking you,

Regards,

Satya

rhviana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lingolu,

Strange because it's a header for XML files.

Could you explain into more details what's happening ?

Kind regards,

BR.

Ricardo Viana.