cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual cost of individual material component in CN41N

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Valuated stock for the project. We are planning the material in project at network activity.

We have created statistical cost element for inventory accounts and primary cost element for material consumption account. The planned cost for individual material component can be seen in CN41N report and accumulated to activity level. The concern is actual cost is not displayed at individual component but can be seen summed up at network activity level.

we can see the actual cost updated for consumption account in CJI3 report. but could not see the actual cost for individual material component in any of the hierarchy reports.

I run CJEN, but not able to see actual values for individual component.

Have anyone come across this issue in past?

Thanks,

Shekhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As per the process  CN41N,  is one of the project structure report, We can get actual Cost or  Revenue/ Plan Cost as per the tranasactional postings .

But all the cost posted to the component with referance to account assignment category of  Network /Activity levels , & it will be rolled up to the respective WBS element & project as per the hierarchial structure.

Since Network /WBS / Project are Cost Collectors.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VP,

Do you mean that actual cost will not appear at material component level in CN41N report and will be seen at network activity level and subsequently rolled up to higher level in structure reports.

I can see it at activity level and up in the hierarchy.

//Shekhar

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shekhar,

have you checked txn CN52N, there we can see materails used in the project with PR/PO/Price details.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes. I can see that in CN52N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shekhar,

There can be differences between the line item report and the hierarchy
reports, which are no error.

Please read note 51971. It explains how values are displayed in our
hierarchy reports after settlement and which kind of settlement records
are updated to table RPSCO - the so called Project Information Database.

Line item and hierarchy reports do not necessarily show the exact same
values, in particular if not all cost elements are assigned to value
categories, deviations can occur

Please check your value category customizing
according to note 676123.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Raj,

Thank you for the response.

I have value categories defined in the system and assigned to cost element of material consumption account, but still not able to see the actual cost at component level.