Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aggregate tlanes

thamizhchelvan_gunasekara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Consider that the supply chain structure contain three 3 DCs and 1 manufacturing plants. The business like to do regional level planning in CTM.

Do i need to create transportation lanes from plants to DC. I hope when we create the demands and supply elements consolidated at the aggregated location is Transportation lane necessary?

pl provide your input.

BR
Thamizh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tamizh,

If my understanding is correct, you are producing the material in the Plant and selling them from 3 different DCs.

The transportation lanes are very important master data which decides the material flow direction.

If you do not maintain T-lane between DC and Plant, how can CTM pass the demand from DC to Plant? It will consider T-lane as the source of supply and will create necessary stock transfer requisitions from DC to Plant.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manimaran,

Thanks for the reply, I am trying to do the aggregate planning in such scenario do we need a transportation lanes. I assumes all demand and supply aggregated at the higher location, then what is the need for Transportation lanes? Pl provide your input.

BR

Thamizh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamizh,

I am unable to visualize your scenarion.

Could you please specify in detail your design of Aggregation planning.

i.e. at what level you are planning?

is that one of DC is considered to be aggregated location among three? or are you using hierarchy in aggregation planning?

I would suggest you to describe planning levels so that I can throw some light on it

Thanks,

Mangesh

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

There is one plant and 3 DCs in one location. I am creating the one aggregate location and bringing all thie one plant and 3 DCs, through location hierarchy. I am also creating product hierarchy and generating location product hierarchy . My doubt is do we really need to have the Transportation lanes between the plants, consider that the planning will be done at header level.

BR

Thamizh