cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive Data Deletion from BW System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Our BW entire land scape is out of sync, so we decided to do a system copy. Our basis team have copied the BW production system (with data) into BW Sandbox initially. Now we need to delete the complete application data from the system. Can anyone give me some idea how can i achieve that deletion  for BW Sandbox like back end tables,info providers (master and transaction). I am wondering is there any material available that i can go through that will help me out to complete this job.

All kind of suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shehzad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you folks for your suggestions.

@ Benjamin: My situation is little different i need to clean all the infoproviders and backend tables to shrink the db size. I will try to go with your option to figure out what can be deleted?

@Abrol: If we restore the source system and we have the data from previous system how come it will overwrite it without deletion. Can you further elaborate your point?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If its Info-provider then i know one option to go in RSA1 info-provider then select the functionality that you have like HR. Select the info cube  and then right click and select Delete data.

If you know the correct sequence then i don't think it should take more than 2 to 3 hours to delete the data.

I know this only.

Thanks

RishI abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As  far as i know once you perform all the Post refresh activity and then try to restore the source system .Then you should run loads for the related data that you are talking about. This will overwrite the load data related to the source system connected to it.

Because what i thought that the data is sitting in the ECC or SRM or ie system connected to BW and BW pulls the data when the load runs.

Thanks

RishI Abrol

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Now we need to delete the complete application data from the system. Can anyone give me some idea how can i achieve that deletion  for BW Sandbox like back end tables,info providers (master and transaction).

SAP TDMS is the solution for situations like these but it is not free.

Else you will need to find out the data that is not required and then delete them from the database level.

Assuming that you are a BI consultant then you must be aware of the tables and the data that are required and the ones that are not required. In that case figure out what can be deleted and ask the BASIS guy to delete them from the DB level.

Regards

RB