cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.4 SP03 on SAP HANA - no Port except 22 (SSH)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've installed the SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP 7.4 SP03 on SAP HANA via the SAP Cloud Appliance Library on a Public EC2 on AWS.

I just want to acces the Server to play arround a bit with the ADT.

I disabled the firewall on the server an opened all needed ports in the AWS (22,3200,..,50000,50001,and the HANA Ports)

As it seems the Port 22 is the only on that is available (Any other connection attempt but ssh fails and a Port-scan on the corresponding IP supports my assumption)

The IP is: 54.242.102.136

What can I do to be able to work with the server? A SAP GUI - connection would be a good start.

(The Server is not in a VPC, so I guess I don't need a VPN-tunnel, right?)

(And YES, I am new to SAP...)

Thanks for your help.

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You need to get the /sapmnt file system for HANA database.

I don't see that mounted on the system.

Provide me the output of this:

mount

You don't need to install HANA Studio to check the status of the database.

You can use the HDBAdmin.sh script to check the status

This is present in the /sapmnt file system

Also provide the environment variables of the hdbadm user.

su - hdbadm

env

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all: Can SAP start with only 0.6GB of RAM?

Now to the outputs you requested:

wdflbmd13528:/usr/sap # mount

/dev/sda1 on / type ext3 (rw,acl,user_xattr)

proc on /proc type proc (rw)

sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)

debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw)

udev on /dev type tmpfs (rw,mode=0755)

tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=1777,size=8g)

devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,mode=0620,gid=5)

fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw)

securityfs on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw)

none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)

/dev/sdb1 on /tmp/applianceagent type ext3 (rw)

/dev/sdd1 on /sap/vol_A4H type ext3 (rw,acl,user_xattr)

/dev/sde1 on /sap/vol_HDB type ext3 (rw,acl,user_xattr)

/sap/vol_A4H/usr/sap on /usr/sap type none (rw,bind)

/sap/vol_A4H/sapmnt on /sapmnt type none (rw,bind)

/sap/vol_HDB/usr/sap/HDB on /usr/sap/HDB type none (rw,bind)

/sap/vol_HDB/hana on /hana type none (rw,bind)

/hana/shared on /hanamnt type none (rw,bind)

wdflbmd13528:/usr/sap # su - hdbadm

wdflbmd13528:/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02> env

LESSKEY=/etc/lesskey.bin

NNTPSERVER=news

INFODIR=/usr/local/info:/usr/share/info:/usr/info

MANPATH=/usr/local/man:/usr/share/man

HOSTNAME=wdflbmd13528

XKEYSYMDB=/usr/share/X11/XKeysymDB

HOST=wdflbmd13528

SHELL=/bin/sh

TERM=xterm

PROFILEREAD=true

HISTSIZE=1000

DIR_SYSEXE=/usr/sap/HDB/SYS/exe/hdb

MORE=-sl

OLDPWD=/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02

DIR_EXECUTABLE=/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe

JRE_HOME=/usr/lib64/jvm/java/jre

USER=hdbadm

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe:/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe/Python/lib:/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe/filter:/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe/dat_bin_dir:/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe/plugins/afl:/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe/plugins/lcapps:/usr/sap/HDB/SYS/global/security/lib:/usr/sap/HDB/SYS/global/hdb/federation:/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe:/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe/Python/lib:/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe/filter:/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe/dat_bin_dir:/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe/plugins/afl:/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe/plugins/lcapps:/usr/sap/HDB/SYS/global/security/lib:/usr/sap/HDB/SYS/global/hdb/federation

LS_COLORS=no=00:fi=00:di=01;34:ln=00;36:pi=40;33:so=01;35:do=01;35:bd=40;33;01:cd=40;33;01:or=41;33;01:ex=00;32:*.cmd=00;32:*.exe=01;32:*.com=01;32:*.bat=01;32:*.btm=01;32:*.dll=01;32:*.tar=00;31:*.tbz=00;31:*.tgz=00;31:*.rpm=00;31:*.deb=00;31:*.arj=00;31:*.taz=00;31:*.lzh=00;31:*.lzma=00;31:*.zip=00;31:*.zoo=00;31:*.z=00;31:*.Z=00;31:*.gz=00;31:*.bz2=00;31:*.tb2=00;31:*.tz2=00;31:*.tbz2=00;31:*.avi=01;35:*.bmp=01;35:*.fli=01;35:*.gif=01;35:*.jpg=01;35:*.jpeg=01;35:*.mng=01;35:*.mov=01;35:*.mpg=01;35:*.pcx=01;35:*.pbm=01;35:*.pgm=01;35:*.png=01;35:*.ppm=01;35:*.tga=01;35:*.tif=01;35:*.xbm=01;35:*.xpm=01;35:*.dl=01;35:*.gl=01;35:*.wmv=01;35:*.aiff=00;32:*.au=00;32:*.mid=00;32:*.mp3=00;32:*.ogg=00;32:*.voc=00;32:*.wav=00;32:

XNLSPATH=/usr/share/X11/nls

ENV=/etc/bash.bashrc

HOSTTYPE=x86_64

FROM_HEADER=

PAGER=less

SLIC_HW_VERSION=3

CSHEDIT=emacs

XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=/etc/xdg

MINICOM=-c on

SECUDIR=/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/wdflbmd13528/sec

DAT_BIN_DIR=/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe/dat_bin_dir

MAIL=/var/spool/mail/hdbadm

PATH=/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/wdflbmd13528:/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02:/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe:/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe/Python/bin:/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe/dat_bin_dir:/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/wdflbmd13528:/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02:/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe:/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe/Python/bin:/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe/dat_bin_dir:.:/usr/sap/HDB/home:/usr/sap/HDB/home/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/games:/usr/lib/mit/bin:/usr/lib/mit/sbin:/usr/sap/tools/bin:/usr/sap/tools/bin

CPU=x86_64

JAVA_BINDIR=/usr/lib64/jvm/java/bin

INPUTRC=/usr/sap/HDB/home/.inputrc

PWD=/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02

JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib64/jvm/java

LANG=en_US.UTF-8

PYTHONSTARTUP=/etc/pythonstart

TZ=UTC

SAPSYSTEMNAME=HDB

SDK_HOME=/usr/lib64/jvm/java

PYTHONHOME=/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe/Python

PS1=\h:\w>

SAP_RETRIEVAL_PATH=/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/wdflbmd13528

QT_SYSTEM_DIR=/usr/share/desktop-data

JDK_HOME=/usr/lib64/jvm/java

SHLVL=1

HOME=/usr/sap/HDB/home

LESS_ADVANCED_PREPROCESSOR=no

OSTYPE=linux

LS_OPTIONS=-N --color=tty -T 0

XCURSOR_THEME=

DIR_INSTANCE=/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02

PYTHONPATH=/usr/sap/HDB/SYS/global/hdb/custom/python_support:/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe/python_support:/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/wdflbmd13528:/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe:/usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe/testscripts

G_FILENAME_ENCODING=@locale,UTF-8,ISO-8859-15,CP1252

LESS=-M -I

MACHTYPE=x86_64-suse-linux

LOGNAME=hdbadm

XDG_DATA_DIRS=/usr/share

LESSOPEN=lessopen.sh %s

INFOPATH=/usr/local/info:/usr/share/info:/usr/info

LESSCLOSE=lessclose.sh %s %s

G_BROKEN_FILENAMES=1

JAVA_ROOT=/usr/lib64/jvm/java

COLORTERM=1

_=/usr/bin/env

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Here is it

If you see here there is /sapmnt file system.

This is not mounted on the system. HANA database is present here.

Unless this is mounted then there is no way you can start the database.

I also see /hanamnt file system. This I believe is the file system used to be for the initial installations of the HANA systems.

I don't know which hardware you are using. If this is an IBM hardware then there is GPFS used.

You will need mount the /sapmnt file system and then start the GPFS before you start the HANA database.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your help!

Basicaly my intention was to test the Eclipse ADT, so Itried to set up a Trail Server to test this.

But since the Setup seems to be far more complicated than I expected, I'll cancel the project.

One last question:

Do you know any way to test the Eclipse ADt without providing an own SAP-Sever?

All the Best,

Chris

Katan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

I seem to have the same issue using the A4H trial on AWS.

I tried to mount the drive, but got the following error that the volume is not a block device.

wdflbmd13528:~ # mount /sap/vol_A4H/sapmnt /sapmnt

mount: /sap/vol_A4H/sapmnt is not a block device

I'm a bit of a novice with Linux and don't stray too far from my SAPGUI or Eclipse IDE.  Any tips or further clarification would be greatly appreciated. 

Slighty off topic, but just out of interest. This is my third AH4 setup and this is by far the trickiest I've faced.  Does anyone know if the baseline build changes periodically? I can't quite comprehend why I have had different issues each time I do this. 

Cheers,

Katan

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Katan

Do you still have the problem

If yes could you please provide the output of the mount command ?

Regards

RB

Katan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

Here is the output.  It is pretty much a spitting image of Chris's, except for the last three additional lines.

wdflbmd13528:~ # mount

/dev/sda1 on / type ext3 (rw,acl,user_xattr)

proc on /proc type proc (rw)

sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)

debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw)

udev on /dev type tmpfs (rw,mode=0755)

tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=1777,size=107g)

devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,mode=0620,gid=5)

/dev/sdd1 on /sap/vol_A4H type ext3 (rw,acl,user_xattr)

/dev/sde1 on /sap/vol_HDB type ext3 (rw,acl,user_xattr)

fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw)

securityfs on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw)

none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)

wdflbmd13528:~ #

I actually terminated the instance in the cloud appliance library and re-created, just in case, but it seems to get stuck in the same place.

Cheers,

Katan

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Katan

The problem here is with the mounting of the file system /sapmnt

I believe you are using Amazon Web Services (AWS) solution.

It appears to me that the filesystems are not created in the correct way.

Not sure why the type is specified as none here for both these filesystems.

There is an implementation guide mentioned in this SAP note

1656250 - SAP on AWS: Support prerequisites

http://awsmedia.s3.amazonaws.com/sap_on_aws_implementation_guide_v2.1.pdf

You may also check it.

Regards

RB

Katan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

Thanks for taking the time to send those documents.  Unfortunately they are possibly a little too generic for the issue I am facing.  I was hoping if it was something straight forward to fix, then I would attempt to do it.  Hence why I jumped onto this post, as it describes exactly the same issue as I am facing. Unfortunately it appears this may not be that straight forward to resolve after all.   

I am using the SAP Cloud Appliance Library to set up the NW 7.4 on HANA Trial Instance on AWS.  I have done this twice before and never faced this issue. 

It should be an automated process to get this up and running from the Cloud Appliance Library. The Cloud Applicance Library console indicates that the instance should be up and running (via a green status light).  Unfortunately this is not the case as logging onto the system via putty I am warned with the following.

WARNING

========

SAP Appliance configuration currently in process. Please do not modify anything.

This message changes back to the default after the configuration is finished.

Thanks for your understanding

SAP

This message never goes away even after 3 hours.  I'm a bit reluctant to leave it longer than that, due to the cost implications. Setup should take about 1 hour 10 minutes according to the setup documention in the Cloud Appliance Library. 

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-45725

As you mentioned before there definitely is an issue with missing mounted directories. This seems like a setup issue, as I have been able to reproduce it three times now by terminating my instance and recreating it.  To that end it may be better addressed by SAP, especially if other customers/developers are facing the same issue.  However as this is a trial system, I am not sure the best way to get anybody's attention.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply. 

Cheers,

Katan  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Katan, I was dealing with this same issue these days and I finally arrived to a solution. I don't know why or where but there is a problem in the setup of the environment.

My first problem was that I couldn't start the HDB database. After 45 minutes of trying to start it always stopped. I restarted the instance serveral times but nothing happended.

I searched the HDB logs, and I found some "alert" files. I read them and there was a common issue about memory. So I terminated the instance and got a new one bigger (m2.4xlarge). After that the HDB database started without any problem.

Using command sapcontrol -nr 02 -function GetProcessList I ensured that all HDB process were running fine.

Using command sapcontrol -nr 00 -function GetProcessList I ensured that all application server process were running fine. But I couldn't check it, it failed. The Management Console was stopped.

Then I logged as a4hadm and couldn't start the R3 instance. It always failed. I read all the application server logs and I arrived to a solution. So let me show you which steps I followed in order to make it work:

1. Logged with root. Change the iptables policies with the following commands.

iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT

iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT

iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT

2. Logged with root. Add in the last row of /etc/hosts the following hostname: wdflbmd13528.dummy.nodomain

I don't know if in every instance the hostname "wdflbmd13528" is always the same, it may vary.

3. Logged with a4hadm. Start the Management Console with the following command:

sapstartsrv pf=/usr/sap/A4H/SYS/profile/A4H_DVEBMGS00_wdflbmd13528 -D

4. Logged with a4hadm. Start the application server:

startsap r3

After this step, the startsap trace shows that the application server was started but you may still can not log in using SAP GUI. I faced with this problem too.

I read the startsap.log and found that the password of SAPA4H (the user used by the Application Server to connect to the database) was wrong.

So I ensured, using SAP HANA Studio (with user SYSTEM), that the password of user SAPA4H was set with my master password and I also had to activate again this user because it was locked due to invalid login attempts.

Then in the console, it is required to set again the password in the secure store of the database. (be careful with this step, it is critical).

Logged with hdbadm. Run the following command:

hdbuserstore SET DEFAULT hdbhost:30215 SAPA4H <master password>

Then try again to start the application server using startsap r3

It should work now!

Katan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

Thanks so much for your great response.  I tried it, but unfortunately without success. However it did point me in the right direction regarding logs. Looking across the logs something was bugging me about users not being created correctly.

In all of my recent failed setup attempts (about 10 attempts in total), I created a master password that included a '#' character.  I removed this from the master password and amazingly it all works totally fine.  I'm guessing setup failed when using this character. 

It's funny as this is a valid character according to the input prompts for instance creation.

Anyway I hope this helps anyone else caught out doing the same thing.

Cheers,

Katan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You know it's true! I just realized that, I also used a password with a '#' character. It seems that it cannot set correctly the password into the secure store when it contains a '#' character, because of that is why I had to modify it manually.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

I believe SAP HANA database is installed on one box and the ABAP stack is installed on another box.

Correct me if I am wrong.

In that case are you using the IP address of the machine where the ABAP is running ?

You need to check whether the SAP is up and running on the machine where it is installed for that you need access to the server.

If you are outside the network then that is another problem. Check whether you are able to ping the server IP's from the network you are on.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

ping is successfull.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Are you able to connect to the server where SAP is installed ?

If yes please connect and provide the output of :

ps -ef | grep -i ms.sap

Also connect to the server where SAP HANA database is installed and provide the output of :

ps -ef | grep -i hdb

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I get the following:

(All on the same machine^^)

root 17777 15394  0 11:15 pts/000:00:00 grep -i ms.sap

root 13173 1  0 Oct23 ?    00:00:00 /bin/bash /tmp/applianceagent/scripts/updatehosts.sh hdbhost.compute-1.internal saphost.compute-1.internal wdflbmd13528.compute-1.internal
root 17832 15394  0 11:16 pts/000:00:00 grep -i hdb
hdbadm   17943 1  0 Oct23 ?    00:00:55 /usr/sap/HDB/HDB02/exe/sapstartsrv pf=/usr/sap/HDB/SYS/profile/HDB_HDB02_wdflbmd13528 -D

I

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

To the best of my knowledge installing SAP application on a HANA appliance is not permitted.

Based on the output I see SAP and HANA database are down.

Have you tried to start HANA database and SAP ?

su - hdbadm

HDB start

Once database has been started then switch to user under which the SAP is installed and start SAP

Eg: if the SAP SID is QUA the quaadm

su - sidadm

startsap

Check whether there are processes running with the commands provided above.

Regards

RB

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

To check whether your database is online, Please install SAP Hana Studio and try to connect through studio. You have installed Hana DB and SAP AS ABAP on SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 Server SP1.

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

the command HDB is unknown (as user hdbadm)

and I would like to start the installed application A4H, but there is no user a4hadm...

Former Member
0 Kudos

it seems the HanaDB and the SAP AS ABAP are not running. I'm trying to start them, but I'm not sure which commands to use.

I want to start the HanaDB and an A4H.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Could you provide the output of these

df -h

ls -la /sapmnt/

ls -la /sapmnt/HDB

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do again

netstat -nat and you will come to know if database is running on port 30015.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

First check the status of HANA database, if you have SAP HANA studio installed, you can easily start and stop the database using that. You can use the

Login as root and give command /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/sapcontrol -nr 00 -function Start

or

login as SIDadm - HDB start

regards

kartik

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Please download and install SAP HANA studio revision XX based on the database, hana client revision and install it. It's very much easier if you use studio to administrate HANA database.

Always make sure you have same revision for HANA Database, HANA client and HANA studio. Latest available is revision 68.

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

wdflbmd13528:/usr/sap # df -h

Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on

/dev/sda1       9.9G  1.8G  7.7G  19% /

udev            315M   60K  315M   1% /dev

tmpfs           8.0G     0  8.0G   0% /dev/shm

/dev/sdb1      1008M  635M  322M  67% /tmp/applianceagent

/dev/sdd1        16G  6.3G  8.7G  43% /sap/vol_A4H

/dev/sde1        74G   44G   27G  63% /sap/vol_HDB

wdflbmd13528:/usr/sap # ls -la /sapmnt/

total 12

drwxr-xr-x  3 root   root   4096 Jul 31 15:43 .

drwxr-xr-x 27 root   root   4096 Oct 23 14:37 ..

drwxr-xr-x  6 a4hadm sapsys 4096 Aug 23 08:53 A4H

wdflbmd13528:/usr/sap # ls -la /sapmnt/HDB

ls: cannot access /sapmnt/HDB: No such file or directory

PS: a4hadm worrks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I iinstalled the HANA studio provided by the server I'm trying to set up.

But on create system I get the error:

The System can not be reached. The Userdata can not be used...

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You need to first get the database started.

netstat command is not going to help when the database is down.

On a HANA database there will be processes like hdbnameserver, hdbindexserver, hdbstatisticsserver, etc.

There are no such processes running.

For me the installation was not done properly or some other reason.

Regards

RB

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I don't see /sapmnt file system on the system

What hardware is this ? Is this an IBM hardware ?

Provide me the output of the mount command

Regards

RB

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Please make sure while adding system in SAP HANA studio you choose Authentication by database user and username as SYSTEM and password - your master password.

Don't choose authentication by current operating system user.

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

The thing is I had nothing to do with the installation itself.

I used the "SAP Cloud Appliance Library" which installed the SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's excactly what I did.

And I used the password I set during the deployment process in the SAP Cloud Appliance Library...

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Right click and start the HANA database system, later you can use command HDB info to verify all the server (index, name, XS engine ) status. Later you can use startsap to start the AS ABAP and tell us the result.

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know what hardware it is. The server is a virtual machine on Amazon Webservices.

The deployment was excecuted by the the SAP Cloud Appliance Library...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like I said, I keep getting the connection error....

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Paste the output of command - HDB info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can SAP start on a server with only 0.6GB RAM?

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Can SAP start on a server with only 0.6GB RAM

For sure this is not a HANA box

SAP won't start.

Regards

RB

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Paste the output of command - HDB info

This will only work if the /sapmnt file system is present

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the application running.

You can try to do telnet 54.242.102.136 3200 once you confirm that the the application is running.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if I telnet the server on Port 3200 I get "Connection refused".

I'm not realy sure what this means...

To be honest I'm not realy sure if the Application is running.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you remember the instance no that the application was installed.

because sap gui user 32XX where xx is the instance no. which in your case we are thinking 00.

So you need to login to the server and see sap service are running.

Can you please tell me the OS details so that is can tell you the tools to check if the application is running.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Server OS is linux (SuSe) and im Connectin via SSH.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check the below command and see which all port are running.

netstat -nat

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Active Internet connections (servers and established)

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:22              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:25            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:50213           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:1128            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:111             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

tcp        0    284 10.249.167.138:22       2.246.149.122:51158     ESTABLISHED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think that the application is started.

If you open the port 50213 you can actually login on the url MMC . did any one start the application.

Can you try to give startsap and see if application coming up.

or can see the status if you run

http://hostname:50213

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, on sapstart I get the following:

wdflbmd13528:/usr/sap/A4H/SYS/exe/run # sapstart

If 'sapstart' is not a typo you can run the following command to lookup the package that contains the binary:

command-not-found sapstart

-bash: sapstart: command not found

If I try to access the server on Port 50213 I get the following:

XML-Verarbeitungsfehler: Kein Element gefunden

Adresse: http://54.242.102.136:50213/sapmc/sapmc.html?SID=HDB&NR=02&HOST=wdflbmd13528

Zeile Nr. 1, Spalte 1:

Which means:

XML - Error: No Element found.

Adress: http://54.242.102.136:50213/sapmc/sapmc.html?SID=HDB&NR=02&HOST=wdflbmd13528

Line 1, Col 1:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

its startsap. and thing should work if the application was installed properly.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to start an A4H under which user would I have to excecute "startsap"?